Tech Censorship

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
That is fine. I was just stating an opinion.

Well, I was stating two facts and an opinion:

All have a right to free speech.

And no one has a right to another's platform.

The irony aspect.

PV has a running total (over 100) of retractions of others incorrectly stating something about them. Also, never lost a lawsuit.

JOK is a self-admitted criminal, who, on his own volition, pled guilty to his crime.

He's very lucky he was allowed to plead to a lesser charge and got off with only a misdemeanor, reduced from the felony he was originally charged with.

Handling of Mary Landrieu office caper case called 'very unusual'

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Well, I was stating two facts and an opinion:

All have a right to free speech.

And no one has a right to another's platform.

The irony aspect.

JOK is a self-admitted criminal, who, on his own volition, pled guilty to his crime.

He's very lucky he was allowed to plead to a lesser charge and got off with only a misdemeanor, reduced from the felony he was originally charged with.

Handling of Mary Landrieu office caper case called 'very unusual'
Now do The Lincoln Project.

• Haha
Reactions: Turtle

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Looks like the band is breaking up.
Donors drying up. Members leaving.
L.P. imploding before our eyes.
Be like:

• Haha
Reactions: Turtle

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
That's a persuasive argument, too. If someone sues on contractual grounds they're likely to win, and set off a see-saw of appeals.

I think what will eventually happen is Section 230 protection will be revoked for anyone who sensors speech that isn't already illegal.

blackpup

Veteran Expediter
Did the social media companies see this coming , and are just trying to protect their financial bottom-line, or is it political? Or maybe some of both.

Noname

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Navy

So here in Florida your right to lie on social media has been protected. Maybe we will get lucky and Facebook will decide they have to close any accounts for anyone in Florida.

One can only hope.....
From a quick review of the language of the new law, big tech simply has to be transparent about how they regulate, censor, and deplatform anyone, then apply the rules equitably to everyone, without bias or favoritism. Plus sufficient notice to all if the rules and regs will be changed. Lies can be censored, but your lies as well as mine. So far it doesn't sound too bad, we'll see how it is applied.

Reactions: blackpup and Turtle