Taylor Made Express

bludragon13

Seasoned Expediter
Does anyone have any experience with Taylor Made Express out of WI. I would like to get any info you might want to share . Thanks in advance for your input.:)

EagleRiverWI

Seasoned Expediter
I applied there 2 months ago and I have seen no trucks on the road. I
live in Eagle River, WI and would like to find a company that can get me home. Not seeing any of their trucks has me worried.

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
>I applied there 2 months ago and I have seen no trucks on
>the road. I
>live in Eagle River, WI and would like to find a company
>that can get me home. Not seeing any of their trucks has me
>worried.
i saw a d nb on 94 just last week. i also saw a straight shot express (talk about a small fleet)sprinter this week. jung express is out of mke but i have only seen one truck and that was parked over a long weekend.

Jack Berry

Rollo

Seasoned Expediter
>>I applied there 2 months ago and I have seen no trucks on
>>the road. I
>>live in Eagle River, WI and would like to find a company
>>that can get me home. Not seeing any of their trucks has me
>>worried.
>i saw a d nb on 94 just last week. i also saw a straight
>shot express (talk about a small fleet)sprinter this week.
>jung express is out of mke but i have only seen one truck
>and that was parked over a long weekend.
>
>
>
>
>
>Jack Berry

You don't say what you are driving?? This makes a big difference.

I'd like to help you, but have only 4-5 months experience with Jung.
These carriers don't advertise with decals. They are former drivers and fleet owners with connections in Wisconsin, Chicago area, and follow the usual midwestern freight lanes. My experience with Jung so far has been very good, although they accept a lot of NLM loads for me. For the most part they do not bid for loads after Friday evening, so if you want to be out weekends you better get loaded and dispatched by 7PM Friday. I have worked many weekends and never had a layover for more than 36 hours, still keeping my deadheads to less than 20percent of miles driven. They are good at getting me back to Chicago area when I require it about every other weekend. My cargo van is solo and has logged about 4 to 5 thousand paid miles a month.

I have had many trips up to Appleton, Green Bay, and Menominee as well as a few to Minneapolis. I have nothing negative to say so far and I have driven for some of the big ones. You have to spend some time looking into each carrier to find the best fit for you.

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
My knowledge of the Company is, they are straight forward, have plenty of freight. Seems to me, that, had Eagleriver asked how busy can you keep me, insteada how often can you get me home? He might be running now, insteada wonder'in what happened. What do ya'll think.

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter
They do have lots of freight, work well with other companies. With that said I have never delivered a single load with there name on the BOL that did not come with MULTIPLE SCREW UPS..

Every company driver I have ever come accross hates them and two have said to me "I am quitting when I get back to the office."

Says alot or not?

EagleRiverWI

Seasoned Expediter
I have a D truck with Fed Ex CC. The closest to home they get me is Chicago, and then they want me to take a low paying LG load in the opposite direction. The LG loads to Wisconsin all go to drivers who dont want to go there.I stay out as long as I am making money. I talked to a Jung driver at LG in Atlanta and he said one of their drivers went to Taylor and came back to Jung right away. I think I will stay with Fed Ex. When I learn more about other companies, I might reconsider.

EagleRiverWI

Seasoned Expediter
He might be running now, insteada wonder'in
>what happened. What do ya'll think.

I have been out for 16 days and made $4950 which is not bad for a slow period. Half of the money came on my first load from Duluth,MN to Alabama. Fed Ex cant get me home, but my first loads out all come from northern Wisconsin or the Upper Peninsula of Michigan and always pay the best.

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
I wonder why people want to drive for a company that does not have 24/7 dispatch? If it works for you thats great, but I get several loads a month (a lot more than several) on the weekend. Lets face it the weekend represents 29% of the week. Just my thoughts.