Taking offense at flags

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Just like today where Obama is responsible for everything that anyone does, because he's in charge, it's his watch, he's responsible.
Just like yesterday when Bush was responsible for everything that anyone did, because he was in charge, it was his watch, he was responsible."It happened on his watch" was the catchphrase of the day from the MSM and Democrats, and they applied it to everything that went wrong or they didn't like, but never to anything positive. This will likely be the norm for every POTUS from now on.

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Nope, none. Left wingers are extremists, right wingers are wackos.

;)
Don't forget "nut jobs" (RWNJ):) Also, remember a phrase from the sixties? "Left Wing Radicals"; we never hear that in the MSM any more. Liberals are never "radical".

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Don't forget "nut jobs" (RWNJ):) Also, remember a phrase from the sixties? "Left Wing Radicals"; we never hear that in the MSM any more. Liberals are never "radical".
Perfect!!!!

From now on leftists are to be called radicals!

quadflyer1

Active Expediter
Ok take down the flag. It's started a craze in the south with more people hanging out the in their yard, cars and backs of motorcycles.
Maybe we could make a trade, down come the flags if you pull up your pants.

aquitted

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Ok take down the flag. It's started a craze in the south with more people hanging out the in their yard, cars and backs of motorcycles.
Maybe we could make a trade, down come the flags if you pull up your pants.
Yeah thats something I can't stand! Pull up your stinkin pants!!!

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Yeah, suddenly those flags are everywhere. It's really annoying. And I'm currently in North Charleston, SC, where all this crap started.

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Yeah, suddenly those flags are everywhere. It's really annoying. And I'm currently in North Charleston, SC, where all this crap started.
Same thing in AL. I was in the Birmingham area last week and they were all over the place - lots of really big ones mounted in the beds of pickups.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Yeah well they need to pull their pants up THATS even more annoying!!!
old_man_high_pants-257x300.jpg

Reactions: aquitted

quadflyer1

Active Expediter

This is awesome.
Speaking from found knowledge versus emotional BS.
THERE IS ANOTHER YOUNG BLACK PERSON WHO SPEAKS FROM KNOWLEDGE.
Actually I would rather say another person. As I don't like being judged by my color, religion or sexual preference and labeled so check this one out.

http://thegrio.com/2015/06/24/black-south-carolina-college-student-defends-confederate-flag/

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
The Confederate flag will endure current passions.
Hard to say ,really. After the Civil War ended, that flag, defeated, was put away and wasn't displayed by anyone. It was only brought out on occasion to honor a dead Confederate soldier and other special ceremonies. It was not routinely flown by much of anyone in the South until Strom Thurmond and his Dixiecrats (the States' Rights Democratic Party) resurrected it in 1948 to combat the Civil Rights movement. Thurmond won 39 electoral votes, and moved on to running for Senate, which he won, running on a strict segregationist platform. As the Civil Rights movement grew, so did the display of the Confederate flag, and it became a symbol of not merely Southern pride and heritage, but of anti Civil Rights for blacks (Thurmond noted in a speech that nowhere in the U.S. Constitution "does it hint a purpose to insure equality of man or things," and that the Founding Fathers created a republic rather that a democracy, "where everyone rules and majority rule is absolute.") and of the KKK.
I don't know why they should. She's an idiot. And a northern idiot, to boot. Her "history" of the Confederate flag that she to authoritatively presented is grossly incomplete, and revisionist. It's true that it was never designated as the official flag, but it became the de facto flag within weeks and within 3 months was the only battle flag used by the Confederate Army despite it not being "condoned" as the official flag of the Confederacy.

After her presentation on the history of the flag, she says that she can "kinda understand why people don't like the Confederate flag," and then immediately follows that up with complete and total idiocy when she says, "...but at the same time, there really isn't an understanding of why you hate a flag that had nothing to do with the NATIONAL Confederacy. The Confederacy didn't even condone this flag. It was the battle flag of Virginia." Yet it was, in fact, used by every military regiment in the South in battle after Lee began using it.

My favorite part, though, is when she says, "I think I can actually say that the Confederate flag isn't significant symbolism of the South's history..." (because she's an unobservant northern idiot) "...and it doesn't really have much to do with racism." (because she is apparently clueless about Strom Thurmon and how the Dixiecrats resurrected it in 1948 to combat integration and rights for blacks, and how it quickly became a symbol all over the south anti-Civil Rights and segregation, since she conveniently left out all that history in her history presentation.).

A little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing, especially when you express it though political ideology.

Reactions: RLENT

aquitted

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I still think QF 1 had a good idea to make a deal. they keep their pants pulled up and the cf flags come down.