Swing out carrier for van

westmicher

Veteran Expediter
Handicapped with my poor phone camera, I took these pictures of our 1st generation carrier, which we still use. The new design incoporates a knuckle hinge, which prevents grease from getting on your pant leg.

The galvanized hood attaches firmly with just 1 bolt and the carrier swings open by pulling 1 pin, all very quickly.

Keep in mind that if you want to use your own generator, you probably will have to cut openings for the exhaust and cooling for the engine and generator coil. We do sell it with a 3000 watt generator attached for $950. That avoids you having to cut anything for cooling. The generator would be similar to the China made one shown.

I hope these pics come through . . .

Attachments

• Power Pivot Enclosed.jpg
    Power Pivot Enclosed.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 108
  • Power Pivot Ready.jpg
    Power Pivot Ready.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 110
  • Power Pivot Hinge.jpg
    Power Pivot Hinge.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 105
  • Power Pivot Swung.jpg
    Power Pivot Swung.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 113

tumbleweeds

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
We sell them for $550 plus shipping, but we might be able to save some on that as we are all over as we work for E-1 and might be able to meet you somewhere. We are out right now but will return within a week or so. PM us for more info. We have a brochure we can send as soon as we return home.

We decided to sell them after having, and enjoying, ours for more than a year. Ours carries a 3000 watt generator and slides into the trailer hitch.

I tried to send you a PM but not sure if it went through. We are interested in a generator carrier for our chevy cargo van. Let me know if yours will work on the cv. thx

ErieBigDawg

Seasoned Expediter
Got my carrier done finally. Will carry my Honda 2000 and gas can.

Still looking for a cover for it!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByEO Forums1323034639.057676.jpg
    ImageUploadedByEO Forums1323034639.057676.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 59
  • ImageUploadedByEO Forums1323034660.144308.jpg
    ImageUploadedByEO Forums1323034660.144308.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 58
  • ImageUploadedByEO Forums1323034676.073396.jpg
    ImageUploadedByEO Forums1323034676.073396.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 54

guido4475

Not a Member
As much as I dont like to, I am going to mount mine on the front, using a front reese hitch, with an aluminum basket attached to it.It is a Cummins/Onan 3,200 watt, similar to a Honda eu3000.I cannot mount it to the rear bumper,because of the tailight/license plate configuration on my Spartan body Ford.Would like to make some kind of lightweight aluminum cover for it, but for now, a rubber cover will work just fine,held on by bungee cords, or something like that.I have heard from others, not knowing how true it is, that some have been pulled over over the generator on the rear.Just sayin.