Suggestion Box Thread

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
John....since so many post here, the Load 1 banner is all over the place...you could cut advertizing spending and save quite a few bucks to help recover building the lounge and shower room...:D

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
I have thought about that. Especially with a number of the drivers having the logo in their signature bar it does give us a lot of exposure. I have always believed that drivers or O/O's were far better sources of information than advertisements. I would probably rather have a single static ad (like Bolt or All-State) has versus what we have now. But we have to wait for those to come available.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I have thought about that. Especially with a number of the drivers having the logo in their signature bar it does give us a lot of exposure. I have always believed that drivers or O/O's were far better sources of information than advertisements. I would probably rather have a single static ad (like Bolt or All-State) has versus what we have now. But we have to wait for those to come available.

Oh and about that "stripe" I have a proposal...

I want to have my Sprinter ground down to remove the rust spots and a NEW paint job....to look even better.....BEFORE we spend any money on the "stripe"...

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Oh and about that "stripe" I have a proposal...

I want to have my Sprinter ground down to remove the rust spots and a NEW paint job....to look even better.....BEFORE we spend any money on the "stripe"...

"Embrace the Stripe!" :D

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
I am thinking some cool custom paint job like Mr. Snappy's! Maybe a blue metallic stripe!!! LOL

xxiv24

Expert Expediter
Good morn all!
It has been awhile but i have something worth posting.
This weekend i received a load from dispatch over the qc w/o a call first. This is not a problem as i happened to be in the truck at the time. I wonder what would have happened if i were in a movie theater or some other venue that prevented me from seeing the qc?
This load had skads of time to p/u which also, akes me wonder if that would have prevented a follow up call before a few hours went by? This type of thing could happen when a driver is at home.
I am not disputing the way the load came across at all...glad to have gotten it. But i am thinking that there is a way to avoid losing such a load that has no leeway for error...driver or dispatcher.
I suggest putting an "in service but out of unit" macro. This allows dispatch to see that we are in service but unable to view a qc message.

golfournut

Veteran Expediter
Good morn all!
It has been awhile but i have something worth posting.
This weekend i received a load from dispatch over the qc w/o a call first. This is not a problem as i happened to be in the truck at the time. I wonder what would have happened if i were in a movie theater or some other venue that prevented me from seeing the qc?
This load had skads of time to p/u which also, akes me wonder if that would have prevented a follow up call before a few hours went by? This type of thing could happen when a driver is at home.
I am not disputing the way the load came across at all...glad to have gotten it. But i am thinking that there is a way to avoid losing such a load that has no leeway for error...driver or dispatcher.
I suggest putting an "in service but out of unit" macro. This allows dispatch to see that we are in service but unable to view a qc message.

We usually send a free form, out of vehicle on phone.

Sent from my PC36100 using EO Forums

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
Not trying to be a pain but isn't that a lot of messages being sent back and forth? There are times when we go in walmart for and hour, then the van for a few hours, then to eat inside a restaurant, back to the van, then inside another store. All in the same day.

If you forgot to send the message that you were getting out of the vehicle and they sent a load to the qc and you.never knew it. Then you miss the pick up. Or you are at home and miss the load entirely.what happens then?

Sent from my VS910 4G using EO Forums

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Jeremy does that with me as well....LOL but he does follow up with a call....IF he sees you haven't read the messages...

xxiv24

Expert Expediter
Not trying to be a pain but isn't that a lot of messages being sent back and forth? There are times when we go in walmart for and hour, then the van for a few hours, then to eat inside a restaurant, back to the van, then inside another store. All in the same day.

If you forgot to send the message that you were getting out of the vehicle and they sent a load to the qc and you.never knew it. Then you miss the pick up. Or you are at home and miss the load entirely.what happens then?

Sent from my VS910 4G using EO Forums

Ty. I thought I made a suggestion, not grounds for a debate. Thanx Jen.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using EO Forums