Sturdy Steps

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
We had a great find at MATS. I don't know about most of you but I absolutely HATE getting into the back of our box if we are not at a dock. I step onto the lower bracket of our DOT bumper and then crawl the rest of the way. First I am sure that is not a pretty site from behind and second I get my pants and hands dirty! So I try to avoid getting into the back at all costs if not at a customers dock or if the lift gate is not being used. We found a step that makes Bob happy with his long legs and also me happy, no more crawling. The step is Chrome hence Bob is happy as it looks good, and I an happy as it has slip control notches for your foot and I no longer have to crawl.

I believe the vendor for these steps will be at the EXPO if you are interested.

ihamner

Expert Expediter
Linda, can you post a picture or a link for these steps. I can't quite picture them and it sounds like a great find! india

India Hamner
[font color="purple"] FEDEX [/font][font color="blue"]Custom Critical[/font]
D Unit
When you jump for joy, beware that no one moves the ground from beneath your feet.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Well I am not so good at getting pictures on here so I will give you the web site! Sturdysteps.com They do not have an exact picture of putting the step on the DOT bumper but you can get the drift of what they do. Sure wish we would have had the step installed as we have a HazMat load and the departure call would have been a lot easier if I could have been inside the box talking on the phone instead of asking Bob to look at the labels. Incentive for Bob to git r dun!

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Speaking of steps, I saw a Columbia at MATTS that had a 3rd step on the passenger fuel tank for exit/entering. Cool idea as two required a much longer step.
Between that and the box step, the wife would be set.

Davekc
owner
22 years
PantherII
EO moderator

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
This small company also had those steps and even steps to get into the back of a pickup that where really nice. Sure hoping they will get a booth at the Expo.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
I hope that with the help of the computer guru Cheri I have mastered posting pictures! Imagine only one of these steps now on your DOT bumper.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
This is the one we actually bought to go by our Flying Pig! Wow posting pictures is fun.