Stupid Road Signs

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Stupid+Signs+(24).jpg

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Went through Last Chance, Colorado a couple of weeks ago. Not much there, just a cross road junction.

Attachments

• Last Chance, CO.jpg
    Last Chance, CO.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 94

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
One more. I delivered to the USPS St. Louis BMC a few weeks ago. While getting jacked around I came across this poster in a glass case in the waiting area outside the receiving window. It lists all the rules and regulations a driver must abide by while on USPS property. The very bottom line is the kicker: April 1980---Use this as a temporary poster until instructed to remove.

Attachments

• USPS BMC St. Louis, MO.jpg
    USPS BMC St. Louis, MO.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 77

jimby82

Veteran Expediter
My wife and I get a laugh out of "silly" signs all over the country. Having worked in education (government) for many years, one thing is certain; if there is a sign, there is a reason for. Sometime in the past, someone did the behavior the sign is warning against, lol.

mjmsprt40

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Southern Indiana-- I think. I forget the town, it was one I made a delivery in so I have the paperwork here, just haven't looked it up. But, this street sign actually exists, and it is possible to drive Bugaboo Ln.
Bugaboo.jpg

I had cause to look it up. This sign is in New Albany, Indiana.

Last edited:

21cExp

Veteran Expediter
Not so stupid as just funny. . .

This sign is out back of a tire place across from the Pilot in Van Horn TX; you can see it from the Interstate, usually. Been there for years, has always cracked me up, so I finally took a picture of it:

dieselfriedchix_002.JPG

This only-in-Texas Handicap Parking sign was outside a small store in Lajitas, on my way from Big Bend through Terlingua and the borderland to Presidio:

handicappknonly.jpg

and this one, just because of its fractured English.

engrish_behind.jpg

More like this last on engrish.com (like "please don't airbornely throw the thing" for "please don't throw trash")

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
21: we used to have a member called Dieselphreak, and that Diesel Fried Chicken sign always reminded me of him, so I posted it once and told him they were saving him some, lol. :p
Jimby: today I saw one posted on the corner of Telegraph & Ecorse [I think] that says "No Motor Vehicles" so I'm wondering what someone did to warrant that one....:confused:

21cExp

Veteran Expediter
Wish I had a picture of it, but somewhere going down the Jersey shore on 35 is a good one. Jersey has a lot of signs indicating the next left has to be done from a jug handle turn to the right, usually showing a diagram or similar, but this one sign simply said:

LEFT TURN
RIGHT LANE

...which to people not from there was confusing as all get out.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
It's not confusing if you've driven in Detroit - I know I've spent too much time there when I forget that sometimes, one can turn left from the left lane. ;)

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
"Drive Friendly, The Texas Way".
Yea, right!

You didn't ask for it, but here's an Amen! I lived in Houston for 2 years, and got hit 5 times, and 4 of them hauled their donkey outta there before I quite knew what happened.:mad:

BobWolf

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
How abbout the bump sign when they should have a sign saying end of the earth good luck when they replace the road and lower it almost three feet and dont properly grade the dropoff.

Bob Wolf

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
A billboard in Louisiana for a gas station said: 'Eat here, get gas.' Must be selling burritos.

Sent from my PC36100 using EO Forums

BobWolf

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Flying vans pic comes close to that drop off only its with a S/T.
My boy wanted to know if you actualy jumpped the steps im sure its photoshop I told him id ask.
Bob Wolf

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Not a stupid sign I kinda like it..No idea where it came from. Thinking I got it in e-mail? Maybe it came from here??

!cid_11_4194360741@web130110_mail_mud_yahoo.jpg

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
You didn't ask for it, but here's an Amen! I lived in Houston for 2 years, and got hit 5 times, and 4 of them hauled their donkey outta there before I quite knew what happened.:mad:

I hear that, we got hit by a truck while parked at the Baytown flying J, and the culprit got away.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using EO Forums

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I saw this historical marker detailing the experiences of Lawrence McCord and the early days of expediting at Roberts Express.

Attachments

• Lawrence and the old trail.jpg
    Lawrence and the old trail.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 50

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Not a stupid sign I kinda like it..No idea where it came from. Thinking I got it in e-mail? Maybe it came from here??

View attachment 5343

After a few of those appeared on the 'net, someone posted instructions on hacking them, [ they were hardly ever locked, even!] but I bet they're not that easy to 'change' anymore. Too bad, cause they're pretty funny!