Stuck with load on

FIS53

Veteran Expediter
So how many have been loaded on a friday nite long weekend with a delivery for a place that is supposed to be open after 1800hrs?? I got a load for a place in brampton ont and of course long weekend so it seems everyone took off early!! Yup no one there so keeping load 'till tuesday. Thanksgiving weekend in Ontario.

Dispatch called and asked if I could get another skid in my van and well yes I can. Well what do they come up with??? A nice short skid haul from Mississauga to the toronto airport. Well at least it pays good for the few miles.

Have to laugh at them for thinking you can only haul one skid at a time when they've given you a 2 skid load earlier in the day. I know, they failed to get the dimensions of the one I had onboard, any bets???
Rob

redytrk

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
With our Co (FECC), loads are offered "confirmed" or "Not Confirmed". If one accepts non confirmed the afore mentioned inconveniences may happen. If confirmed, consignee must pay detention if the driver must sit on the load.

Scuba

Veteran Expediter
I hope you are a Canadain driver because if not picking up that load in Canada and delivering it in Canada was illegal

redytrk

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I hope you are a Canadain driver because if not picking up that load in Canada and delivering it in Canada was illegal

I was told by a dispatcher a US driver can take one intra Canada load, then must come out.

OOIDA says Canadian drivers are supposed to do the same when in the US. Feeling is they rarely follow the rules. They know enforcement is almost non existent.

Last edited:

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
As I understand it, it has to be a load in the general direction of the border. So, a Canadian sitting in Dallas could take a run to Cincinnati, but couldn't take a run to Miami. But I haven't heard anything about it being passed into law yet. As Redytrk says, a blind eye being turned.

FIS53

Veteran Expediter
Yeah I'm a canuck and yes the rules on both sides say canucks do not haul intra state and americans do not haul intra prov etc, but we all know rules are bent (sort of broken) every now and then (ok a lot). But of course that's none of us... is it??
Rob
Hey got another airport last nite!! This morning got a shortie that paid $8/mile. Might be a good weekend. Got me on standby for another call... waiting.... waiting....