Strange/bizarre things you see on the road.

YarnDoll

Seasoned Expediter
My mom used to make the bed dolls. I haven't thought about them for years. I don't know how to crochet. Only knit. I tried to learn crochet, but found I'm too uncooridinated. I keep the yarn in zip bags in my tote and alway wash or use hand wipes first.

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
My mom used to make the bed dolls. I haven't thought about them for years. I don't know how to crochet. Only knit. I tried to learn crochet, but found I'm too uncooridinated. I keep the yarn in zip bags in my tote and alway wash or use hand wipes first.

I''ve tried to knit, but find crocheting easier..and I'm on row 43 now. Had to make a couple of pies and get the laundry done today, so am just chilling this evening. :)

Humble2drive

Expert Expediter
Had a scary thing happen last week which made me remember this thread.

We were driving on I-80 approaching a Fed Ex Freight truck pulling doubles. Suddenly, the Freight truck veered sharply into the left lane then over corrected off the right side of the road then back on to the highway. Then truck recovered but continued to swerve within it's lane.
We got on the cb and asked the driver if they were ok, but there was no response.
When it seemed safe we passed on the left side to get a visual of the driver. Where they falling asleep? Could it be a medical problem like a heart attack??
No.
It was a young blonde woman with a big set of head phones on and a pink bejeweled cell phone in her hand typing a text message.
The scariest part is that I am sure that she didn't even see us pass by.

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
Please tell me that you got the truck number and reported this idiot.:mad:

I'm not sure what is up with these Fedex Freight drivers,but they are not very good at what they do.

We had one running up ahead of us in west Texas the other day that swerved so violently that the second trailer almost flipped.If he had been pulling triples,there is no doubt that it would have been one heck of a crash.

I used to be just like many out here that when I saw something dangerous being done by these "professionals" out here would just let it go,but not anymore,if I can get a number off of the truck their company is gonna get a call.

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
Saw a construction sign today in Tennessee
it said
"Workers In Road"
I think they meant "On" unless one got run over by a roller :eek:

ConfusedMuse

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Saw a sign for a buffet that was called...............
"CHUCK-A-RAMA".................. Oh yea i wanna stop there and eat.....NOT!

redytrk

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Sighted yesterday in Kenton Oh. A Amish buggy going through a restaurant drive thru. I don't know if they clean up the poop.

inkasnana

Expert Expediter
I've always thought it was amusing when going through Conway, Arkansas on I-40 to see the sign for Toad Suck Park. :D

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
I've always thought it was amusing when going through Conway, Arkansas on I-40 to see the sign for Toad Suck Park. :D

My favorite sign in AR is on I-30 in Hope, the one that say's that Hope is the birthplace of president Bill Clinton.

It's my favorite because one time you will come past it and it is riddled with bullet holes,and the next time it will be a brand new sign.(wonder how much is in the budget for sign replacement? )

morningstar55ny

Veteran Expediter
Driver
in the middle of a warm summer night . around 10 30ish pm.... as i drove thru Olean NY .. on my way to pa.... i came across a girl... about myabe ahhhhhh 18 ?? i dunno ....
doing jumping jacks in the middle of the street at a corner of the busy street i was on... ...NAKED AS A JAY BIRD.... serious.
i had to do a dbl take to make sure i knew what i was seeing ........ crazy younguns.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
A Nebraska rest area, a water plow and a speed limit sign for watercraft on an interstate highway. These are a few of my stangerest things.

Attachments

• Nebraska 009.jpg
    Nebraska 009.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 34
  • High water 015.jpg
    High water 015.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 33
  • High water 014.jpg
    High water 014.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 33