Strange/bizarre things you see on the road.

YarnDoll

Seasoned Expediter
It amazes me some of the sights we see. Sometimes bad drivers. Sometimes funny signs. Today I saw an 'Oh, gross!'
Several motorcyclists passed our truck. One driver, a woman, was wearing a sleeveless blouse. Her hands were holding the handlebars. As she passed us I saw her triceps flapping in the wind. :eek: Oh no! (I better get out my dumbbells and work on my own.)

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
It amazes me some of the sights we see. Sometimes bad drivers. Sometimes funny signs. Today I saw an 'Oh, gross!'
Several motorcyclists passed our truck. One driver, a woman, was wearing a sleeveless blouse. Her hands were holding the handlebars. As she passed us I saw her triceps flapping in the wind. :eek: Oh no! (I better get out my dumbbells and work on my own.)

They must have been headed for Sturgis..and that's what crocheting is for..I'm assuming that you crochet dolls? I used to, but had given it up because the yarn was always getting dirty in the truck and/or taking up too much room.

YarnDoll

Seasoned Expediter
I've made a couple of yarn dolls; no knitting or crocheting involved. But I do knit. (Beginner level). Many dishcloths, a few scarves, and two afghans. I haven't attempted any clothes yet. I work out of tote bags to keep the yarn clean and my things together.

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
I've got some doll patterns that are like southern belle styled clothing complete with petticoats and pantyloons and the big skirts and matching hats and bags. Actually very simple to make as they use the stitches that you already know. The first one was intimidating and took a long time, but they are quite lovely...my sons actually swiped them all for my grand daughters...*lol*

gotta go

Veteran Expediter
I came across this sign when out walking today and just had to take a picture. And then a close up.

Attachments

• 0805090914.jpg
    0805090914.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 90
  • 0805090914a.jpg
    0805090914a.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 97

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
As she passed us I saw her triceps flapping in the wind. :eek: Oh no! (I better get out my dumbbells and work on my own.)

As my sons would say " HOLY BAT FLAPS Grandma!" LOL

Pass those dumbbells my way.:D

I saw a vehicle today that was called the "music machine", couldn't get a picture because I was driving. I think it was some sort of van, but in the distance as I approached, it looked like it was covered in vines. Real vines, because it literally had stuff sticking out. As I got closer, it was covered in what looked like metal belt buckles, musical instruments, notes,etc. When I say covered, I mean COVERED, you could not see one inch of the vehicle underneath this mess. The only thing that wasn't covered were the windows, and the license plate. Very very strange.

moose

Veteran Expediter
I am @ a shipper this morning waiting for a door .
so i use the time for my EO addiction.
as i am sending a PM to Dynamite1 (TnT)
and ready to hit send.
the shipper come knocking on my door and tell me to back in to door C4 !!!

Last edited:

gotta go

Veteran Expediter
I am @ a shipper this morning waiting for a door .
so i use the time for my EO addiction.
as i am sending a PM to Dynamite1 (TnT)
and ready to hit send.
the shipper come knocking on my door and tell me to back in to door C4 !!!
Knowing that some of us are short-tempered in the morning, I have to ask. Did you blow up at him? :p

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
They must have been headed for Sturgis..and that's what crocheting is for..I'm assuming that you crochet dolls? I used to, but had given it up because the yarn was always getting dirty in the truck and/or taking up too much room.

I saw a "lady" on the back of a harley, and her saddle bags were flapping in the wind. Why she was wearing a bikini, I will never know :eek:

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
I've made a couple of yarn dolls; no knitting or crocheting involved. But I do knit. (Beginner level). Many dishcloths, a few scarves, and two afghans. I haven't attempted any clothes yet. I work out of tote bags to keep the yarn clean and my things together.

hey jan, are you posting those projects and your stash on ravelry or flickr? reading the yarn harlot books and calendars? getting her daily blog? gracie is crazy that way. when she comes out i am going to be doing a lot of driving while she knits
.:)

she is on both sites. check her stuff out.

YarnDoll

Seasoned Expediter
I belong to ravelry but have never posted, I do go on knittinghelp.com. It's where I'm learning to knit. I did post the pic of my first afghan there. I've never looked at flickr or the blogs you mentioned, but I'll check them out. Thanks.

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
Can I get a witness???

OnTheRoadAgain005.jpg

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
I hope you weren't driving when you took that picture
I'm just saying:eek:

Now, hold on now....see the brake lights?? I actually was driving and had to interrupt DD's lunch to have him come take the pics. I have others taken before this one while we were moving but traffic came to a halt and we were able to get closer for the shot.

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
hey jan, are you posting those projects and your stash on ravelry or flickr? reading the yarn harlot books and calendars? getting her daily blog? gracie is crazy that way. when she comes out i am going to be doing a lot of driving while she knits.:)

she is on both sites. check her stuff out.

Pretty cool site Jack...tell Gracie she does great work!

Yarndoll...you've motivated me to get busy again. Started crocheting another bed doll..this one in bergundy and a creamy off white. Finished the bodice yesterday and as it's a cool rainy day here in SD, will get a good start on the skirt! And YES...I'm using a tote. :)

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
Now, hold on now....see the brake lights?? I actually was driving and had to interrupt DD's lunch to have him come take the pics. I have others taken before this one while we were moving but traffic came to a halt and we were able to get closer for the shot.

Okay, just looking out for your safety. As a solo driver there are alot of opportunities for interesting pictures that I can't take :(

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
Okay, just looking out for your safety. As a solo driver there are alot of opportunities for interesting pictures that I can't take :(

I hear ya Brudder. I won't say that I'm the safest but I AM one to be constantly upset by the inability of others to multi-task. I'd like to think I can turn that eye inward and police myself....perhaps others would be of a different opinion!! ;)