Straight Trucks with APU

JohnWC

Veteran Expediter
I wish thouse streight trucks with APU Would park in the back of truckstop with outher trucks .insted of blocking off the air and then starting up that noisy blank blank APU in the front parking lot you rude drivers

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
Re: streight trucks with APU

Better than the ones without apu's who sit and idle.

Sent from my XT1080 using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2

JohnWC

Veteran Expediter

I'd rather hear the low pitch of a diesel than the high pitch of a blanky APU . Plus why don't they park in back with the trucks

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter

We park in front so we can see how real Expeditors live.. Actually because we can and mostly because I don't want my front clip ripped off by a 53ft out back. Who cares what others do..:)

JohnWC

Veteran Expediter

Lol box on truck stoped nice breeze keeping me cool this morning then started up that whining APU lol wished they had went to back and never did I have a 53 foot trailer hit my streight truck in a truckstop

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter

Seen lots of straights and big trucks hit out back and I'll avoid it at all cost..I don't have the apu and I am sorry if my idling bugs ya but I gotta live out here just like you..I will jump a curb somewhere before I park out back..Its a last resort to go back there for a extended stay...Besides the ppl watching is.much better up front :)

JohnWC

Veteran Expediter

Then I guess your not the truck. but them there blanky blank APU is the most annoy ing thing in the morning after 3 hours nap I'd rather hear the engine

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

When straight trucks can park in front it frees up spaces for tractor trailers. And, yeah, all the stuff Slo Ride said.

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner

Thats our preference also. No out back parking if at all possible. Actually no truck stop parking, only on shower day or if there is know where else to park. Back on the subject, the same could be said for you. Why dont you park somewhere else, answer, cause you dont want to, you feel you have a rite to park there. Well, same goes for us plus we all realize the parking issues and try to keep those spots open for the big trucks. This is trucking and you have to get use to the noise.

JohnWC

Veteran Expediter

Yep but with a open parking lot why park next to a van and if its cool outside why run the apu unless your wanting tp run off the van as far as making uneasily noise is pure stupid and was there first but I forget this is the new American way of my rights supersedes everyone's else

JohnWC

Veteran Expediter

Loud high pitched and yapping dogs ment just to disturb someone sleeping

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter

I don't think anyone ever trys to be rude to each other.. Well maybe some but they can be found out back.. When I idle its because its hot/cold and I need to or to bring my battery's up so I don't have to bug you for a jump start..:)

tknight

Veteran Expediter

My truck is black and I try and park to the rear of the slot
I've been clipped twice by big rigs who can't see me in the dark I now have defective strips on my front bumper and leave my parking lights on all night if I have to park in the back LEDs don't run down the battery very fast and yes it saves a tt space to go up front if I can! And I do!

tknight

Veteran Expediter

Think Apus are noisy try parking and have a refer next to you cycling on and off all night

JohnWC

Veteran Expediter

There were at least 20 open spots I know because I moved to one . Some people are just rude not everybody.But I have found that some streight truck and cargo vanners have no idea how to share parking lots or even how to act at shippers or recivers

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter

But I have found that some streight truck and cargo vanners have no idea how to

Seriously,,,Your talking about a industry where some dont even know how to take on fuel..
Welcome to trucking..