Straight trucks only please :-)

Yesteryear

Expert Expediter
How many miles per gallon do you get in your straight truck. 8, 9,10 or more. :D Please be honest. :eek:

Oh, include what make it is. Freightliner, Peterbuilt, Kenworth, ect thxs.

Last edited:

Yesteryear

Expert Expediter
Here's what I have got so far from texting

Eric and Cindy Hino 8.5 mpg
Laura Freightliner 10 mpg
Alvin Freightliner 8.5 to 9 mpg
Bill & Terri Freightliner 9 mpg
Mark and Deb Freightliner 9 mpg
Tate and Betty Sterling 8 mpg
Us Kenworth 9.13 mpg

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Freightliner M2 Business Class, model M112. MBE 4000 450HP, EatonFuller 10sp autoshift. 3:58 rear end.

We average 10.5 on loads under 4000lbs. We get 10 or maybe a bit better in light reefer loads. The least we have got was around 8. It was a heavy load with strong head winds. The best we have ever seen was 12.7. Light load, flat land.

Yesteryear

Expert Expediter
Freightliner M2 Business Class, model M112. MBE 4000 450HP, EatonFuller 10sp autoshift. 3:58 rear end.

We average 10.5 on loads under 4000lbs. We get 10 or maybe a bit better in light reefer loads. The least we have got was around 8. It was a heavy load with strong head winds. The best we have ever seen was 12.7. Light load, flat land.

K, so what would your average be for say a month? thxs

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
K, so what would your average be for say a month? thxs

9.5-10.5 depending on how many reefer loads and how heavy. Keep in mind that MPG figure does includes all reefer and APU fuel usage. I do not have a separate fuel tank for the reefer and APU. Does that help?

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
K, thanks layout shooter. :) What is your average speed you drive. We usually do 67 mph?

I don't know your truck etc, but we drive slower. Between 57-62MPH. 62 is the norm were legal. We cannot exceed 65 due to being speed limited. We have no problem making pick-up and deliveries on time at those speeds. We are normally early. The ONLY time we have been late, and that was only once in 5 years, was due to equipment failure.

What are you getting?

Yesteryear

Expert Expediter
I don't know your truck etc, but we drive slower. Between 57-62MPH. 62 is the norm were legal. We cannot exceed 65 due to being speed limited. We have no problem making pick-up and deliveries on time at those speeds. We are normally early. The ONLY time we have been late, and that was only once in 5 years, was due to equipment failure.

What are you getting?

9.13 mpg? Trying to find out if we are in the average range. Txt my friend to see what they were getting. From replies it looks like we are?

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
9.13 mpg? Trying to find out if we are in the average range. Txt my friend to see what they were getting. From replies it looks like we are?

Not too bad, try running slower, it may gain you another half to 3/4 per gallon. That would add quite a bit to your bottom line over the year. See if you can get a hold of Team Caffee as well. They do very well on their truck, they are the "mileage guru's" so to speak.

redytrk

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Fl M2 MBE900 260hp 6 speed manual. !!.3 Straight Thru./ 10.3 Mo average. Rarely over 60mph

Last edited:

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Just an example. On a recent reefer run, 1500lbs, no APU time at all, on one of our fuel loads we got 11.57 and the second fuel load, same run we got 10.6

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
My Hino, which is a daycab gets anywhere from 7 to 10 depending on if I have it in power or economy mode(it's an automatic) If I have a load or not, if it's windy or not(I have a tall box)
Top speed governed at 70 but it turns about 2800 rpm so 65 is much better for fuel economy

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
We get 9.5 to 10 mpg. Freightliner Columbia, MBE 4000, 10 speed auto shift.
We run the speed limit. At 65 we are only turning 1200 rpm's.

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
2005 ftlnr. M2/112 410 hp 12.7L mercedes, 6 spd. auto, 3.73 rears and i am averaging 10 - 10.5 most of the time and this is up from a 9.2 - 9.7 average. we put on a free flow exhaust from pitt power and seen the improvement instantly. not bad for a 350.00 investment.

bluejaybee

Veteran Expediter
2000 Pete 250 HP Cat 9 Speed. I average 8.4 which includes APU time. I run 62-64 MPH. That is around 2000 RPM's.

Hyperdrive

Seasoned Expediter
Owner/Operator
We have a 2007 Sterling Acterra with the MBE 330 hp motor and the Allison six speed auto. We normally drive no faster than 65 are are getting 9.4 mpg with the Rigmaster APU.
We were in a 2007 Freightliner M2 ,Cat C9 335 hp, Allison 6 speed auto and got 8.2 with same driveing habits and Airtabs.
Both trucks weighed about the same empty.

Seasoned Expediter
Im in 2010 cascadia dd15 detroit with 455 hp. 3.42 ratio with 22.5 lp tires. 10 speed ultrashift, lift axle and 4500 leyman and run 62 mph and just started getting 10.2 last 8 tanks. Im a heavy weight hauler cross country 12-15,000 pounds.

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
i forgot to add that my mpg includes my rigmaster idle time also. no separate tank so ya gotta include it.