Starving this year?

Opirac

Seasoned Expediter
Hey it seems this christmas there are fewer loads compared to last year. I gues all that recruiting (sign on bonuses) have created glut of STrucks and CVans.I wonder how bad it will get and how many will drop out before it will get better.

moose

Veteran Expediter
you do remember last year when JD offered an Ipod, right?
well now even 3,000$ won't fill the needs for 3States.
same goe's to many other carriers here.
i like the E1 billboard on the IN turn pike:
"sign on bonus & intergity" ...on the same board, i kid you not ! :)
it's a loose loose situation .
the larger the bonus - the less a carrier have any to show for.

but,yes, your observetion is correct.
from what i see, last year was ecxeptionally busy for this time of the year, and was followed by a busy start of the year.

EASYTRADER

Expert Expediter
My wife and I have worked every holiday season for 5 years now, and this Nov and Dec has sucked. This time of year previously has been great, but this month has been so slow I would have rather been home.

Incidently, since FECC brought over those 30 red trucks our income has dropped 20%. So it may be just a glut of trucks. Because it seems things "slowed" right after I read the announcement. I'm glad my truck is paid off.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using EO Forums

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
Incidently, since FECC brought over those 30 red trucks our income has dropped 20%. So it may be just a glut of trucks. Because it seems things "slowed" right after I read the announcement. I'm glad my truck is paid off.

We noticed that too. It seems like all FDCC wants is a fleet of TT's and a bunch of red KW's.

usafk9

Veteran Expediter
My wife and I have worked every holiday season for 5 years now, and this Nov and Dec has sucked. This time of year previously has been great, but this month has been so slow I would have rather been home.

We noticed that too. It seems like all FDCC wants is a fleet of TT's and a bunch of red KW's.

Ouch ......... X2.

ttruck

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
from nov.28 to dec 19 we ran 3 loads 2600 miles next year we are taking off from thanksgiving to new years for the ones that stay out this will be good for you our carrier gave a prediction on loads they dont know what there doing for sure.

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
from nov.28 to dec 19 we ran 3 loads 2600 miles next year we are taking off from thanksgiving to new years for the ones that stay out this will be good for you our carrier gave a prediction on loads they dont know what there doing for sure.

From Nov. 30 to Dec 18 we ran 9 loads for 6362 loaded miles with our new carrier. And we were home for 4 days during that time.
This was with our new carrier where we have not yet learned the system.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
I'm not trying to pee on anyone but I have had an offer twice a day this week so far, a few of them included DH at loaded rates. One that floored me Knoxville to Toronto, with all miles paid at loaded rates including the miles going home.

I love the offers, I feel guilty that I can't do them because the truck is getting new air bags and sleeper changes this week so it ain't going anywhere.

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
I love the offers, I feel guilty that I can't do them because the truck is getting new air bags and sleeper changes this week so it ain't going anywhere.

Been asking ya for bout 2 years now to throw some of that freight my way,,Now your reducing me to begging ya...:D

Myself,,Baby sitting a load until the 3rd of Jan :mad:
Its getting to the point @ my carrier that ya gotta watch where ya go by late Wednesday and Thursday because it seems they don't work on weekends anymore & Friday seems to be the first day of their weekend lately.. I really don't think it has anything to do with the hoildays...

greg334

Veteran Expediter
I wish I could, but I can't. I don't want to ruin someone's holiday but it seems that freight is moving all the time, all year round.

dabluzman1

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Nov was what we expected. 17k for three weeks as we took a week off for Tday.
Dec was bad, but, we had 5.5k on the books and we were on a 2.7k run on the 7th when we broke down and had to transfer the load. The truck was in the shop until the 15th. We decided that was close enough to Christmas and are off until the 8th of Jan.
It wasnt a shortage of runs that ruined Dec.

jimby82

Veteran Expediter
December was our best month so far. From Dec.1 - Dec. 22, we ran 13 loads, 6611 loaded miles, 8526 dispatched miles. (We deadheaded 650 miles into Florida for one load, but we had reasons - got to see our son, who we hadn't seen in several months.) We were also off for 4 of those days.

11 of those loads were White Glove, including 8 Temp-Assure (refrigerate), 2 HazMat and 3 to Canada. 3 loads also took us into NYC. We try not to limit ourselves. ;)

Hope to go back into service Jan. 6, then will probably stay out till March.

tumbleweeds

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator

We got about 4800 in the same time frame. It has been kinda slow for a van. Took off on dec 17 and came back the 26th. We should have stayed home until the 1st. However, The new year is bright and shinny. There isn't any tarnish and we are ready to run. Gotta full tank of fuel, good tires, warm heater, and lots of rock and roll on the ipod. Let's set the road on fire.

tumbleweeds

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
We got about 4800 in the same time frame. It has been kinda slow for a van. Took off on dec 17 and came back the 26th. We should have stayed home until the 1st. However, The new year is bright and shinny. There isn't any tarnish and we are ready to run. Gotta full tank of fuel, good tires, warm heater, and lots of rock and roll on the ipod. Let's set the road on fire.

I forgot to add in Nov 19 to Dec 1. We totaled 7214 loaded miles from 11-19 to Dec 17. Kinda slow, we would like about 2200 miles a week. But the holidays took a bite out and we had a couple more days of personal time. Cheers to all!

guido4475

Not a Member

When I worked at a certain carrier, it was already slow, and then I come to the terminal in N.C., and BOOM !! A sea of 30 red Kenworths. My load count and revenue grew backward since then.Imagine that!

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
Maybe people went to Landstar because of all the red KW's.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

jimby82

Veteran Expediter
We drive one. We're quite satisfied.

I might be mistaken, but I think the ones that came over from E-1 and Panther were all surface trucks. I thought most of the ones that left the Fed were WG / TVAL? All of the ones we have ran into were surface trucks, and some were solos.

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
We drive one. We're quite satisfied.

I might be mistaken, but I think the ones that came over from E-1 and Panther were all surface trucks. I thought most of the ones that left the Fed were WG / TVAL? All of the ones we have ran into were surface trucks, and some were solos.

When we first started we drove one and were quite satisfied too.
Since we were a surface expedite truck the influx of red KW's directly affected our run miles. Not to say we didn't get the miles, we just didn't get the long coast to coast runs anymore.
We did not leave because of the red KW's. We left for what we considered to be a better opportunity for us. We believe we have found a carrier that has a business model that is more in line with ours and our long term goals.

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
When we first started we drove one and were quite satisfied too.
Since we were a surface expedite truck the influx of red KW's directly affected our run miles. Not to say we didn't get the miles, we just didn't get the long coast to coast runs anymore.
We did not leave because of the red KW's. We left for what we considered to be a better opportunity for us. We believe we have found a carrier that has a business model that is more in line with ours and our long term goals.

I herd that the Red KWs straight Trucks also has a few Tractors and Trailers as well Hmmm.
Snowen in NY State YA YA YA Haven a ball I here MN SD IA IL MI ND gettting Snowed as well. Fun FUN FUN.

Attachments

• 390856_316825768351078_143791405654516_996328_1135467525_n.jpg
    390856_316825768351078_143791405654516_996328_1135467525_n.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 12