Started Schooling for Class B License TODAY!

CCDriver

Active Expediter
My wife is in the process of going to school for her b cdl also. I also could of taught her but don't have the time or vehicle to yet with so school is a much easier option. A couple things I would suggest to you and the other poster. Get your tanker endorsement with your hazmat. When hauling bulk containers in a straight truck it is required. To the couple thinking of using an automatic transmission vehicle to take their test I would suggest using a school that will also teach you and test for dot with a manual transmission vehicle. You never know when you might get into a situation you might drive one and would hate to SE you limit your options.Good luck to you and enjoy the open road.

1roaddog

Seasoned Expediter
Pre trip is not easy during the test. Practice and know where everything is and what it does

jackieg

Active Expediter
Sooooooo I PASSED the permit portion of the journey!!!! It was a bit harder than I thought but HEY a wins a win! Now on to almost 2 weeks of driving and Pre Trip stuff, the 18th is my ROAD TEST! If I pass it, we should be on the road come August/September!!! Thank you for the well wishes!!!

usafk9

Veteran Expediter
Pre trip is not easy during the test. Practice and know where everything is and what it does

Roaddog beat me to it. Not assuming whether or not you're a 'gearhead', but I encourage you to take the pre-trip very, very seriously. In addition to needing to be proficient for your practical test, you will need it every day of your driving career. Get to know every little detail about the truck you drive; whether it's a fleet owner's or your own. Knowing how things are or should be will save you tons of aggravation in failing, or about-to-fail parts. Know your profession....be a student of your trade. Your constant questions are indicative of your desire to keep learning. Never, ever quit that. Be professional in your approach to every facet of your business, and you will be rewarded in more ways than one.

My darling wife, who could barely tell the difference between an engine and a transmission when we first started, makes out our maintenance reports required by FedEx, and also knows when things need attention for maintenance scheduling, or when things are breaking. She has come a long way, and you will, as well.

On a side note, my bride is Puerto Rican, and is famous for butchering two languages (Zorry might just have an idea of what I'm referring to). Tests do not come easy to her, as we both believe she may suffer from dyslexia. During our truck driving school, she would fall asleep at night with her pre-trip guide in her hand. On test day, she identified the bar that connects the steering pitman arm to the tie rod as a "drag queen" (it's a drag link). After the testing person got done laughing, he passed her.

jackieg

Active Expediter
Pre Trip for NY is hard, but short, I think, because we don't have to open the hood and only need to 'call out' front, passenger side, tire set, a few brake parts, back and incab. Im Extremely Nervous-still having a tough time with clutching how/when, but Im assured (by the instructors) It'll come in time... One week left of driving THEN...!!! :s Thank you for ALL of the HELP!!!

jackieg

Active Expediter
2 weeks of schooling/training Done&Over~Next week Thurs is the Road Test~I believe I'm ready to pass it. Still looking forward to being on the open road with my hubby sometime after July..!!!

jackieg

Active Expediter
Thank You we've been praying I do well also... I feel its not enough to just pass-I'd like to be the safest driver I can be!

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Jackie: you will do just fine, I feel sure of that. You have the right attitude - including being nervous, lol. I was too, when the test was ahead, and you know, the examiners understand that, no problem.
As Linder said, the more you do it, the better you do it, if that's your goal. It looks like it is, so all you need to do that you may not be already is some deep breathing, lol.
I think you're gonna love driving, just like I do.
:)

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Thank You we've been praying I do well also... I feel its not enough to just pass-I'd like to be the safest driver I can be!
I'm sure everyone here would like you to be the safest driver you can be. Hope all goes well.

I would have wished you "good luck", but when it comes to safety, there are those who say "luck" isn't a factor. I guess it depends on one's definition of "luck". It has also been said that there is no "I" in luck and no "team" in safety. Although with safety, one can see the "tea".

You seem enthusiastic and motivated. I'm sure you will do well. GOOD LUCK!

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I would have wished you "good luck", but when it comes to safety, there are those who say "luck" isn't a factor. I guess it depends on one's definition of "luck". It has also been said that there is no "I" in luck and no "team" in safety. Although with safety, one can see the "tea".

What kind of beer do you drink?

Just wondering...

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver

A friend texted the same question to me at 0900 at MATS, & I replied "Folgers" lol. In Moot's case, it's whatever is good in a martini, I think. Since I don't drink beer or martinis, I could be wrong. :D

Just wondering...

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Just wondering...

Thank you my friend for asking. I do not imbibe in cerveza often. When I do, I drink the adult beer, Tres Equis. Each bottle of Tres Equis contains a magic worm and a chinchilla embryo that do a lewd dance when ever the bottle is disturbed. Three times the flavor, three times the fur and three times the fun. Tres Equis, its what the most mundane man in expediting drinks.

Viva los scrubbers con. Viva los loofahs. Viva Leland Olds. Viva la revolucion. Ban the van.

jackieg

Active Expediter
Tomorrow is B day! I go for my cdl B in the morning IF I pass I can put school behind me and move on... if not more & More training/pracitce!!! I think I'm ready... :s

zorry

Veteran Expediter
I'm sure you're ready.
Both my wives got class A's and daughter and sister got B's.

Nothing like a determined woman.