Sprinter oil change for $193

vipra

Expert Expediter
If you need an oil change and you're near Lexington, KY, you may want to bypass Freedom Dodge. They charge $193, which is by far the highest I've paid. They charge $12/qt of synthetic oil. They were friendly and fast, and the rest of their work may be competitively priced, but I don't recommend them for an oil change. From now on I call and get a price before I go to a new shop.

sprtrste

Seasoned Expediter
Yeah, they all rip you off on synthetic- you might try carrying your own filter, and, go to one of the car places if you can fit the door.
I boughtt a rebuilt from Golling Arena Dodge. The motor does'nt run, and, now on day six waiting for them to authorize a replacement. I would'nt buy a light bulb from them in Dayton, OH!!

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
AutoZone oil 0w40 is 5.99 plus tax and loyalty card is 5 purchases for 20 bucks you get a $20 gift card. So I buy 5+5 and a filter and get 2 credits. The 20 almost gets you 2 filters free!

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I had a really good experience at Freedom Dodge with an oil change. I supplied my own oil, however. hehe

They have probably the lowest price of over-the-counter filters of any dealer I know of. I bought several of them there for $9.50 a while back.

My local Dodge dealer (Parkway Chrysler off the WK Parkway (duh) in Benton, KY) did charge me $20 a pop for transmission fluid. Next time I'll supply that myself, too. That stuff can be had for $9.95 from several sources.

targuard86

Expert Expediter
I pay about $160 to get mine serviced and that includes a fuel filter EVERY time. Many will say its a waste but I've been left on the side of the road more than once so I'll keep spending the money!

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I have spent a lot of time in Speedco's this month and I believe they are going to start PM's on Sprinters. Don't know the price but when I was in Ruther Glen VA I saw something on the manager's desk about Sprinter service coming soon.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I was swapping out my fuel filter every 10,000 as recommended, but they kept coming out looking pristine, so I've switched to every 20,000. I do use Howes Power Cleaner in every tank, and Howes Diesel Treat in at least every other tank, which may or may or have anything to do with anything. But I got tired of trashing a perfectly clean fuel filter. Even after 20,000, its still nearly pristine.

Nearly pristine? Is that like partially blocked? A little bit pregnant?

greg334

Veteran Expediter
OH God,

I pay $375 for an oil change on my truck, Cummins ISC 8.3L with 6 gallons of Mobile One oil, three filters and a chassis lube. I get 4 gallons of oil back (they sell me 10 gallons, they can't subtract 6 from 10) and get a neat cup or thermos to boot.