Sprinter cargo van load board

patryk

New Recruit
Dispatcher
Hello. I registered at TruckersEdge, 123LoadBoard and Truckstop load boards to find loads for a Sprinter, however there wasn't a single load available for a cargo van within the last 2 weeks on the east coast. Looks like these portals are for bigger corps which are directed towards trucks. Are there any load boards suitable for small companies and cargo vans/sprinters, which would also list private freight?
Thank you!

patryk

New Recruit
Dispatcher
I wouldn't want to lease it, we want to grow the company but need to have a place to start.

How about My Virtual Fleet? Is the membership worth it?

Mr. Loyalty.

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
I honestly don't see the advantage to being a multicarrier in a van, sprinter, etc. The cost of carrying the legal required primary insurance itself is ridiculously high. I have a American English speaking multicarrier freind who is a multicarrier, and pays $3,500 a year for his insurance, and with a clean driving record. And he hauls cheap freight, a lot cheaper than I ever would from the company I am being leased to. He is always calling all the carriers he is leased to...chasing to get paid...sitting more waiting for loads than I would...I just don't see it, but I guess some enjoy working harder for less..

Mr. Loyalty.

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
I did the multi carrier thing for a year and hated the phone tag and having to bug them to pay me on time.....I miss load one.
Yes, thats exactly what my freind does...always on the phone...poor guy took a 2,000 mile load only to not get paid from one of those carriers....

And yes, Load One is the best company I have worked for since 1989..must be for me to be here for close to 11 years...

BXDIVER

Expert Expediter
Driver
After being leased for 5 1/2 years I decided to go independent and wish I would've done it sooner. The freedom alone is worth the switch, no bs and as long as you're patient & stay in the freight lanes the rates can be decent.

Reactions: bootransport

Mr. Loyalty.

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
Would you say that your rates are in line what everyone else is running for? Is deadhead to get a load kept at a respectable level?

Usually the multicarrier model is made up of bid board freight, scraps that nobody really wants, low paying freight. That's why I am asking.

Reactions: Turtle

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
What city or state are you out of CEVA uses independents

Mr. Loyalty.

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
That's one thing I'd never do, lease to a company who uses multicarrier drivers. That speaks volumes about a company meaning that they don't have any loyalty to their leased drivers, imo....do they use those guys willing to run for garbage rates first, and use their solely leased guys as a last resort, in order to make more money off of the load? But what does it say from the driver to the one of many companies they are leased to, " sorry, I don't have the faith or trust in you to meet my financial goals, so I'm going to add others to my list..."

Opel2010

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The cost of carrying the legal required primary insurance itself is ridiculously high. I have a American English speaking multicarrier freind who is a multicarrier, and pays $3,500 a year for his insurance, and with a clean driving record. And he hauls cheap freight, a lot cheaper than I ever would
Your friend should be happy for paying only that much... last time when I had insurance from progressive, I was paying over 1000 per month for each vehicle. Also with clean driving record... and while the freight wasn't keeping my trucks busy, the insurance was keeping draining my account. Then I leased my trucks with a carrier...

Reactions: Mr. Loyalty.

Mr. Loyalty.

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
Leasing to a good, reputable, honest carrier that respects its drivers and makes their money off the load, not the driver, ( by charging ridiculously high fees for everything), is the best thing you could of ever done. Welcome to freedom, respect, and peace of mind.

Bunyon 66

New Recruit
Researching
Considering getting into this cargo/sprinter van business, have driving experience driving a 25' flatbed for over 6 years.

I've been looking into this for several months now and not sure about a few things, for one is there plenty of work out there for a new van?
What size van should I get?
I have the funds to pay it straight out so no payments.
I was considering getting my MC/DOT and everything else needed to get up and running but after some research I am thinking twice about doing all this, at least right now, maybe later down the road.

What it seems is it is better to sign on with a carrier to get solid work & experience does that sound about right?

What does it mean exactly to sign on with a carrier, is that like being employed by them, I sure hope not?
I am assuming your still an independent contractor and if so then does that mean you can sign onto multiple carriers so if one don't have loads, you can use another, kind of like using apps?

Or if I am wrong could someone, please explain to me how it works?
I'm new at this and am trying to learn everything I can before I get going with anything so any help would be greatly appreciated!
You don't want another dipshit out there screwing it up for everyone and I don't want to be that dipshit lol.

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
If you’re going to lease a unit, do it from dealer. Don’t lease from Penske, Enterprise. They charge a per mile, plus monthly fee. Don’t lease from company you’re driving for. What I hear with company they have a lot of hidden fees. If you don’t like company it’s hard to leave.

Bunyon 66

New Recruit
Researching
No I'm not leasing, I am going to pay straight out cash, pay it in full when I get it, no lease, no payments, no interest.
Is it better to get my MC/DOT stuff and go after the loads myself or am I better off starting with carriers?
I am first going to work off apps until I get a van and decide on a carrier or go on my own?
If you sign with a carrier are you now obligated to just that carrier or can you have multiple carriers to make sure you have loads.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
No I'm not leasing, I am going to pay straight out cash, pay it in full when I get it, no lease, no payments, no interest.
Is it better to get my MC/DOT stuff and go after the loads myself or am I better off starting with carriers?
I am first going to work off apps until I get a van and decide on a carrier or go on my own?
If you sign with a carrier are you now obligated to just that carrier or can you have multiple carriers to make sure you have loads.
Before spending any good money, may I suggest driving for a fleet owner for at least a year to learn the business. There's more to it than turn key & drive.