Sprint PCS connection card question

heel4you

Expert Expediter
Hi all,
For any of you that may have a Sprint PCS internet connection card, could you tell me if this service includes email addresses [email protected]?
Looking into this service and need to have an email address.
Thanks in advance for any and all replies.
Laura

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
My Alltel card doesn't provide an e-mail address. My guess would be that Sprint is the same. Just go to Hotmail or Yahoo. It's easy and free.

heel4you

Expert Expediter
Thanks for the replies.
Does anyone know if Sprint handles their accounts in the same way? No email accounts with subscription. I have tried to call, but their sales team seems uninformed. Then, when you try to get someone in the tech department....I want tell you how long I was on hold before I just gave up!
Thanks,
Laura

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Don't get me started on Sprint/Nextel customer service. Those people... Well,in the interest of good taste, I'll leave it at that.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
I have a sprint card, and never recieved an email addy from them. I use yahoo as well.

"If I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know." - Kansas

heel4you

Expert Expediter
That's disappointing since the cost is pretty high to have the card.
Thanks everyone for your replies!!!!

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
Maybe I'm missing something here. If you have a Sprint aircard, then you can use a yahoo, hotmail or whatever email address. Is there a reason you would need to have a sprint specific email address?

heel4you

Expert Expediter
Steve and Judy,
There are specific reasons behind me wanting an email address from sprint, (if I had the service):
1. I like to use Outlook. You cannot (that I know of) re-direct/forward a free email account to come to the program.
2. I like the thought of having some control of privacy when using my email....spam, etc.
3. I don't like using web based email accounts. But, that is just my personal preference.
Thanks,
Laura

unorthodoxneon

Expert Expediter
YOu can redirect a free email like yahoo to use on outlook. I havent done it in a while. Also i noticed that the new Yahoo mail has more of an outlook feel then before....

Also i have a yahoo account that only my friends and family know and have been spam free for a few years now...

greg334

Veteran Expediter
>YOu can redirect a free email like yahoo to use on outlook.
>I havent done it in a while. Also i noticed that the new
>Yahoo mail has more of an outlook feel then before....
>
>Also i have a yahoo account that only my friends and family
>know and have been spam free for a few years now...

In order to have this happen you have to have Yahoo Plus mail - which now cost.

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
We use Yahoo premium service so we can forward mail to Outlook. The cost is 20.00 a year. We did that so that we didn't have to keep changing email addresses when we were moving while in the Navy.

Benzoid

Seasoned Expediter
You can pick up your Gmail also in Outlook. (for free)

If you need a gmail invite, let me know.

-Mike

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
If you have a Sprint cell phone the card is $60 a month for unlimited usage. Without their cell phone it's $80.

Leo Bricker, 73's K5LDB, OOIDA Life Member 677319
Owner, Panther trucks 5508, 5509, 5641
Highway Watch Participant, Truckerbuddy
EO Forum Moderator
----------
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

Gener8

Expert Expediter
I had a sprint card in the past and yes it did come with an e-mail address. The sales person should set that up for you when you buy the card and service.
:) :)

mhoy40

Expert Expediter
i have one and it does not,go to yahoo or hotmail or such to get a email address. they are 60.00/mnth with a sprint cell account and 80.00/mnth without sprint phone service.if u have sprint cellphone service with te vision on it than you already have a sprint email address.