Sorry you Nancy Pelosi fans....

greg334

Veteran Expediter
....but she is a friend to terrorists.

Hey look she is going to Damascus to help us get along with Syria and end all the problems.

How d*mn dumb can one be.

Why not send Sheehan too?

how about sending Rosie too?

What a shame.

We already have diplomats in the state department who has the job of representing our country on the foreign front, we already have a single representative called a president who also represents our country and the leadership of country. She is to represent her constituents but of course she was elected to cr*p on the troops by holding them hostage for political gains and make us look worst on the world stage because of need to show up the president and secretary of state.

Tie this with the Ridiculous idea that Reid has presented to cut all funding for the troops and force a withdrawal – ahh Mr Reid you ever hear of Separation of Powers?

Talk about madding, no ethics, no morals and no idea that they made promises to the people to get elected and broke every promise they made.

I got to say if anyone, I mean ANYONE that supports these people, do not support the troops in any way shape or form.

tallcal101

Veteran Expediter
The Iraq study group suggested that the ONLY way to bring peace was to include all neighbors.The Iraq study group,made up of both Dems and Repubs,was dismissed by the President and his inept posse,but not by those who are truly looking for a resolution to our Iraq quagmire.Quit your belly aching over this non issue(American diplomats were in Syria last week dicussing the same things).If you want to concern yourself with something that maybe important to you,the potenial impeachment of this Preisdent is no longer just a myth.With many hearings coming up,and the futile efforts of this adminsitration to shield itself from the onslaught of bad news,impeachment may be the only answer.I predicted it 14 month ago, and am now very concerned it might really happen.
The depth of the blinding lies and distortions(the Pat Tillman case for instance)are breaching the bounds of common ethics and core American values.Nancy said it best,"Relax Mr.President and quit it with the threats,theres a new Congress in town".Thank God!

Bob and Hooligan

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I noticed you don't mention the three republicans who are also visiting. Keep it fair and balanced. Don't Rush to judgement.

Road Hooligan

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
I wonder if Nancy Pelosi will end up being Hillary Clinton's running mate? They would make a wonderful pair.

copdsux

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Touring with Ms. Pelosi: D. Hobson(R-OH)

Visiting Syria and Israel: R. Aderholt(R-AL); F. Wolf(R-VA)

greg334

Veteran Expediter
“The Iraq study group suggested that the ONLY way to bring peace was to include all neighbors.The Iraq study group,made up of both Dems and Repubs,was dismissed by the President and his inept posse,but not by those who are truly looking for a resolution to our Iraq quagmire.Quit your belly aching over this non issue(American diplomats were in Syria last week dicussing the same things).â€

NO I won’t quit because I think you and a lot of others missed the point. The building of a dialog has been already done with Syria, as you mentioned last week and the meeting took place. But Pelosi has taken the position that it is her job to go far beyond the fact finding mission that she is supposed to be on or speaker of the house and be the bridge builder to the “other†side for the sole purpose of showing up the state department and the administration. The latter I don’t really care about but the former is our official representation to the world.

As for the study group, they seem to have repeated a lot of suggestions that have been floating around.

“If you want to concern yourself with something that maybe important to you,the potenial impeachment of this Preisdent is no longer just a myth.With many hearings coming up,and the futile efforts of this adminsitration to shield itself from the onslaught of bad news,impeachment may be the only answer.I predicted it 14 month ago, and am now very concerned it might really happen.â€

Shield against what?

The 9/11 conspiracies?

The WMD issue?

Hearings on what?

If Bush is impeached, so what, by the time this is started what will happen? The same thing as Clinton’s impeachment, nothing. If you remove him, then you have Cheney and I think he won’t be silent on a lot of things like Bush has been.

“The depth of the blinding lies and distortions(the Pat Tillman case for instance)are breaching the bounds of common ethics and core American values.â€

You know I feel sorry for a person who thought enough for the country to go over there where many others sit back and criticize but to point out that his case is not special and he with the rest of the soldiers who get killed by friendly fire should all be treated the same. If this sounds insensitive, well read it again and think.

Lies and distortions are part of the game, Democrat or republican, they all lie and distort. The dems with their promises about ear marks and other issues and the republican for their abandonment of the values that led them to power. It don’t matter – they are all the same.

“Nancy said it best,"Relax Mr.President and quit it with the threats,theres a new Congress in town".Thank God!â€

Yep Nancy said that and yep there is a new congress in town… sort of… eh the same old people who were in power 15 years ago are now in power again. Will it matter? No not really because Nancy and many other democrats think that they are co-commanders – in – chief and want to forget the constitution.

Road Hooligan

“I noticed you don't mention the three republicans who are also visiting. Keep it fair and balanced. Don't Rush to judgement.â€

NO I wasn’t quick to judgment, but I am quick to point out that having a just anyone trying to make deals outside of official channels is not a good thing and this is what these people want us to do, be divided.

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
I didn't think her job as speaker of the house included overseas travel. i wonder how much this adventre will cost us?

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Road Hooligan

What is my point?

Well my point is this.

Pelosi and others have made it a point to tell the president that they are in charge and this is another situation where she, being the most ‘Powerful Women’ in the US has decided to side step the administration’s ongoing dialog through proper channels to make a name for herself and to make the point that the democrats are in charge. If you have an idea what actually is the history or what is going on there and how Syria fits in to the bigger picture, you will understand how dangerous this is and how it makes us look divided and weak.

In addition to this, she and others like her are not privy to the on going dialog between different countries and the state department as much as we, the public know what was in the classified intelligence reports that were presented to the Congress about Iraq.

As for the others, including the repubs that went along, well they are not the leader of the representatives of the people of the United States – big difference.

To explain my point;
1 - Many people do not believe the threat is real and has been long before Iraq was ever an issue. These are not the Goat farmers on the hill side praying to Allah, these people are well educated and well funded people who have studied us and are as, if not more determined to destroy us as the Japanese were determined to follow their emperor and kill by any means (read about the Japanese and China). They have the money and the patients to reach that goal.

Our enemy, the ones that the democrats want you not to say who they are (oh you can call them Islamic extremists but freedom fighters), clearly know that the success of the North Vietnamese was to allow the ‘protesters’ to grow in number and this would allow a division in the country to form. This division now is not as great as people would want to believe, seeing that many of the vocal supporters of the troops and their mission are former Vietnam troops who faced problems when they came home and don’t want it to happen again. The terrorists want to see the division grow and know that they have on their side our media, our democratic party and many uniformed and ignorant people within the populous to help them. Just think about this and do a little research, how many acts of violence has taken place in the US by someone who is Muslim and stated that they wanted to kill Americans since 9.11? Take the challenge and find out.

Speaking of 9.11, we forgot 9.11, period. We lost our way again and we have become the United States of the 70s – not caring about politics or what damage is done to the country as long as we get our TV and iPods.

2 - Most of the people in this country do not even attempt to understand the processes that we, the United States has to deal with on the world stage to create a dialog, form some alliance or agreements between two parties or even know how leverage of power works. The few hundred years of diplomacy that has evolved does not allow for instant results, if it did, we would not have had WW1 or other wars. For the most part, many people listen to the radio both right and left radio, read twisted “journalistic†reports or watch Rosie on TV about 9.11and believe any and everything that is said – no matter how off the wall it is.

3 – Many people don’t have a clue about the culture over there. They don’t understand that they do not accept a compromise solution but a negotiated solution – big difference. They see compromise and indifference as a weakness and weakness needs to be destroyed. They see that strength and consistency in leadership is the only way to go. They use our fear and weakness against us – point in case is the flying imams and their law suit. Fear triggered the event and we are too weak to stand up to them. They win/we lose.

Whether or not you hate the president, you can not escape that he is the president and we have laws and rules on what he and others in the government can and can not do. On the world stage the president and his administration represents us or is our face to the world, for better or worst, and if we allow people from any branch of government to become our face to the world, then we have serious problems with our government and it won’t stop there.

Oh one last thing, there are far more important things for her to do here to help us, like start investigating the leaking of classified information to the media and possibly shut down the papers who printed the info in the first place. Yep this action threatens all of us.

Bob and Hooligan

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
We, you centainly have an the party view down pat. It is better to be critical than effective.

I agree that investigating leaks of classified information is a priority. Too bad, that the leakers are protected by executive privledge.

Road Hooligan

Jayman

Expert Expediter
Not that I like making peace with Hillary, Nancy, or most other popular Dems...but, if those we elect werent so caught up in "frying" the other guy...we might just be able to get along. :p

Bugsy Siegel

Seasoned Expediter
Didn't Clinton get impeached also? And you can see how big an effect that had on his presidency. It seems like every time any president does something the people in the opposite camp don't like, they throw "impeachment" around.

Hey, I got a crazy idea, instead of being a bunch of self-centered morons, try unscrewing the budget and getting the homeless a place to live. Try working for the population instead of your own ##### agenda!

Jayman

Expert Expediter
Here is a solution. Eat more hamburgers. Sound funny? Think about it. If we ate more hamburgers...they would build more Burger Kings and McDonalds. That would generate employment for those who build them buildings. It would generate tax dollars from the income of the construction workers. The owner would have to pay a local tax for having the property and business there. The utility companies would increase their profit by selling more gas and electricity. They inturn would have to pay a tax on that revenue. The utility companies would be able to employ more people because of the increased workload. Those new employees would be paying an income tax. The restraunts would also hire people who would at the very least be able to feed themselves and pay for apartment rent. This would end the homeless problem for good. They would also have to pay an income tax. That money and the money raised from the taxes mentioned earlier would help improve our schools, roads, etc. Just think...all those people I mentioned received an improvement in their working situation just because you ate a hamburger. Furthermore...all those people who benefited would be spending money they made. That starts a whole new chain of beneficiaries.

I remember when the GOP told Bill Clinton that we cant spend our way into prosperity. But, I think we can eat our way there! :+

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
LOL Jayman! However, your idea is flawed. The illegals will build the restaurants, while the Americans will work in em. Something wrong with that logic. :eek:

-Vampire Super Slooth Trucker!!!

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
Speaking of illegals i saw on the news today a study was done and if all the illegals left arkansas the business owners here in the state would have to spend 1.5 billion more a year in wages to replace the illegals with native arkansasans. that's nutz.

Jayman

Expert Expediter
Who needs mail order brides? I bet I could find me a nice lil Mexican gal that would be more than happy to hook up with legal. :7

letzrockexpress

Veteran Expediter
I've been on the road for a couple days so i haven't been on here for awhile...hmmm, seems like someone might have a little too much time on their hands:)