Sorry no good ............!

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
And you might have spent some time in Jail,:eek:
Glad she is okay!!!
I'll bet she'll be a little gun shy around the pump from now on.

Not unless they caught me. I am far better than that. Mess with my wife and all bets are off. The "law" is not able to control the scum out there. If they could, this could not happen.

Yep, will have to be more careful.

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
Not unless they caught me. I am far better than that. Mess with my wife and all bets are off. The "law" is not able to control the scum out there. If they could, this could not happen.

Yep, will have to be more careful.

When u think about it and all those pumps that someone could tamper with, should not all trkstops have someone out there 24/7 babysetting that area for idiots who do this kind of thing. There is always a need for someone out there, no towels, no window cleaners,garbage cans are full and so on.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
When u think about it and all those pumps that someone could tamper with, should not all trkstops have someone out there 24/7 babysetting that area for idiots who do this kind of thing. There is always a need for someone out there, no towels, no window cleaners,garbage cans are full and so on.

That would require them to care about customer service.

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
That would require them to care about customer service.

Plus, gas stations really don't make much on fuel, it's pennies on the dollar. Where they get you is inside buying the overpriced stuff.
The only way they make money on the fuel is pure volume, since trucks need so much of it.

aileron

Expert Expediter
Plus, gas stations really don't make much on fuel, it's pennies on the dollar. Where they get you is inside buying the overpriced stuff.
The only way they make money on the fuel is pure volume, since trucks need so much of it.

I tend to believe that this is just an urban legend. They make plenty on fuel alone. I would like to see some numbers though.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I tend to believe that this is just an urban legend. They make plenty on fuel alone. I would like to see some numbers though.

I don't know about truck stops. Back when gas was around $2 per gallon I looked into buying a station. They were, at that time, making just over 3 cents per gallon on the gas. Their entire profit was made off of retail sales.

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
I don't know about truck stops. Back when gas was around $2 per gallon I looked into buying a station. They were, at that time, making just over 3 cents per gallon on the gas. Their entire profit was made off of retail sales.

Yeah, I had a friend who owned a station and it was a couple cents per gallon. The thing trucks stops have going for them is pure volume. Every wonder why they charge more for credit cards, it's because the credit card companies charge them. It's not cheap to be set up to allow credit cards, then again if you didn't accept them you'd go broke it's a catch 22 for the business owner.
This is why you never see the old style gas station, where all they sell is gas, oil and maybe have a couple vending machines.
Maybe back in the day you could make a living like that, but with out the mini market most stations would go broke.
Taxes and insurance probably is the main reason there isn't much profit in gas.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Yeah, I had a friend who owned a station and it was a couple cents per gallon. The thing trucks stops have going for them is pure volume. Every wonder why they charge more for credit cards, it's because the credit card companies charge them. It's not cheap to be set up to allow credit cards, then again if you didn't accept them you'd go broke it's a catch 22 for the business owner.
This is why you never see the old style gas station, where all they sell is gas, oil and maybe have a couple vending machines.
Maybe back in the day you could make a living like that, but with out the mini market most stations would go broke.
Taxes and insurance probably is the main reason there isn't much profit in gas.

The EPA is cutting into things too.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Maybe the pump did malfunction. I am saying this since I tried it many times. I would put the thing in the tank, squeeze the lever and lock it squeezed, then turn around and start the pump, thinking that the fuel would start flowing. But no, the handle would shut off by itself before fuel started flowing, every single time I tried.
Oh, maybe the high flow nozzle is different, I only did it at the front small nozzle.

Every time I fuel up, the handle clicks off the I tried to start the thing with it open. Tried it yesterday and it did the same thing. I'm thinking that because T/A and Pilot both have a poor record of maintaining the equipment (ever tried to tell the fuel desk idiot that their pump handle is leaking and see their response), this may be a case for a complaint to the state to see if it is actually the problem.