Some current temps

jamom123

Expert Expediter
What are the benefits of an espar over an apu and vice versa. I have a apu and I know the benefits of keeping your engine warm, batteries charged etc.. But I have never owned or used an espar.

Sent from my SCH-i705 using EO Forums mobile app

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
The espar would use less fuel since the apu only has to then run to recharge the batteries vs running the entire time for heat. Depending on your apu the noise difference is significant as well

Sent from my VS870 4G using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
Yes leave the shackles at home,,along with the handcuffs,,whips and all leather related products.
no place for this in the front lot of the truck stops..:D

(LOL I know you corrected it.)

My shackles stay at home!! Fo sho!!
Next to Sally's 5" heeled leather boots.
Ever seen a 6' tall woman in 5" heels?!?! It's almost scary!!!! Whoa!!

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
One thing is for sure, Monroe Country is frugal with your tax dollars. They don't waste any money at all on things like road salt. Or fuel for snow plows. Sheesh.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
One thing is for sure, Monroe Country is frugal with your tax dollars. They don't waste any money at all on things like road salt. Or fuel for snow plows. Sheesh.

Rock salt does not work at the temps we have been experiencing. No point in wasting salt if it is below +10F. They have been plowing 24/7 in front of my house for two days. The road was STILL closed due to drifting. The interstates are the responsibility of the State, not county. We just went into town, both M125 and US24 were plowed, but icy. They were salted but it was doing little with the low temps. To be sure, they don't do as much as they could.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
In Michigan there are three road jurisdictions: Village and City; County Road Commissions: and MDOT. These three governmental entities are responsible for building and maintaining the roads and bridges under their jurisdictions. County road agencies are partners with all levels of government to provide services to Michigan motorists.

Sixty-four county road agencies (including Monroe Country) are contracted by MDOT to perform maintenance and snow removal on the state trunklines (including Interstate, US Highways and Michigan State Highways) in their counties. These counties are reimbursed by MDOT for the cost of providing those services. This partnership saves the state millions of dollars by eliminating the need for dual purchases of equipment and facilities.

Frugal, they are. :)

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
In Michigan there are three road jurisdictions: Village and City; County Road Commissions: and MDOT. These three governmental entities are responsible for building and maintaining the roads and bridges under their jurisdictions. County road agencies are partners with all levels of government to provide services to Michigan motorists.

Sixty-four county road agencies (including Monroe Country) are contracted by MDOT to perform maintenance and snow removal on the state trunklines (including Interstate, US Highways and Michigan State Highways) in their counties. These counties are reimbursed by MDOT for the cost of providing those services. This partnership saves the state millions of dollars by eliminating the need for dual purchases of equipment and facilities.

Frugal, they are. :)

I know what that says, Monroe county no longer provides that service on a regular basis. Not enough trucks. There have also been several retirements of late, two are DU members, (even more proof we need more young people at DU ;)) they have not been replaced. Most trucks I see out on the interstates are MDOT trucks. Monroe county is broke. Been losing tax base for a long time.

Things may change soon. Thanks to some rather good money management of late, Michigan is projecting a billion dollar budget surplus. Many plans are being floated on how to handle that surplus. Tax cuts are one idea. Another, one of the more favored, is changing where taxes are collected. Allowing counties to collect a bigger percentage of taxes.

They are frugal, have to be, no money to play with.

Last edited:

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
Just spent the last hour at Advance putting together an auxiliary gas tank for my generator. I think (hope) I got the top end sealed enough to draw the fuel from the added 2 gallon can.
I only got 4 hours run time last night and that sucks it, from a quality of sleep standpoint. I was able to get in the 60s in the van with my heater and was WAY cozy in my 20 degree bag.
But all that went away after the air mattress soaked the last of my heat out after the 5-6th hour. I have high hopes for AMPLE run time tonight.

I'm OOS now. At a BBQ joint. Starting into a Fat Tire. Maybe I'll try some ribs.