but kept the cdl,
now i need a job
i want to take the family with me
is their a company that will take us
OUTLAW

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
The short answer is no. Lack of recent experience aside, any carrier that would permit a baby on board either has no insurance, or ignores the insurance requirements, and carriers in that position don't last long.

inkasnana

Expert Expediter
I can't figure out how a baby is going to be safely and legally strapped into a car seat while in the sleeper of the truck? Not to mention that the poor thing would end up having to be strapped into that seat every minute that the truck is moving. No, definitely not a good environment for a baby!

bluejaybee

Veteran Expediter
And us grown ones know how we feel after being strapped in for 11 hours. I just can't imagine a baby in a truck for that long. Oh mercy!

inkasnana

Expert Expediter
And, the car seat would have to be seat-belted and tethered into the sleeper somehow. Have to change the diaper? Have to stop the truck first. Baby needs to be burped? Have to stop the truck first. Baby fussy and crying from sitting in the car seat for several hours and just needs to be held? Have to stop the truck first. It's the law in all states. Baby MUST be strapped into a car seat while vehicle is in motion and that car seat MUST be seat-belted into the vehicle, and most car seats now come with tethers also.

No, DEFINITELY NOT a good idea to try to take a baby in the truck with you!!

broker

Seasoned Expediter
I'm sure this is someone trying to have a little fun here.
Made me smile, thanks.:D

Not sure how many if you are seeing this but Kathy and I have been to 3 shippers this month that do not allow children on the property.

BIG JOHN

hellbound_66

Seasoned Expediter
another thing to consider is this.....have you ever seen a wrecked truck on the side of the road? Is that some place you'd want your child to be if God forbid you should ever wreck?

miker

Seasoned Expediter
Not sure how many if you are seeing this but Kathy and I have been to 3 shippers this month that do not allow children on the property.

BIG JOHN[/QUOTE]

how did this come up? I mean did you have children with you? or found out some other way?

broker

Seasoned Expediter
When we accept a load, it will state "no pets or children'
These would be like pharmacuticals, nuclear plants, etc.
BIG JOHN

bluejaybee

Veteran Expediter
another thing to consider is this.....have you ever seen a wrecked truck on the side of the road? Is that some place you'd want your child to be if God forbid you should ever wreck?

Well, yes I have. And no, I wouldn't want my grandchild to be there if, "God forbid I ever wrecked my truck". But, I think the line of thinking about prohibiting kids, would be like me (60+ taking my grandchild on a run with me, or younger drivers taking their child for a little run) during the summer when school is out. A wreck could occur in a car as well. I think the time spent with them on a trip such as that, would outway the risks. Of course, I am not talking babies here. I am talking ones who wouldn't require a car seat. Or burping. ha!