Smile, we are now on camera

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
Yes it has happened. My part-time job is under camera surveillance. There was no warning, no letter sent out,no meeting, it just showed up on the windshield by the rear-view mirror.

We are being filmed now when driving by a lens viewing all the railroad crews, me ,and anything we say, do, scratch and as we ride along. The camera is also viewing the road . I'm wondering how long it will be before the driving notices come out and what a railroad crew-member said about the railroad and on and on it can goooooooooooooooo. Isn't it wonderful and you maybe next, just saying. Big Brother is in our face, one more freedom bites the dust.

If you have not noticed, one little freedom at a time is being erased from our everyday privacy. Like the frog in warm water to boiling water, freedom as we know it in life is evaporating and boom it is gone.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Congrats....you have joined the millions of others, under the watchful camera...but on the flipside also have the "freedom" to say no...and leave that job for another...nearly everywhere has cameras now....good luck with that...I've heard insurance companies doing that with some bad drivers even....but ya know...it is NOT any government doing...these are private employers doing it to the regular person...

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
Congrats....you have joined the millions of others, under the watchful camera...but on the flipside also have the "freedom" to say no...and leave that job for another...nearly everywhere has cameras now....good luck with that...I've heard insurance companies doing that with some bad drivers even....but ya know...it is NOT any government doing...these are private employers doing it to the regular person...

It really makes for a quiet ride now, no one is relaxed with it imho.

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
This just in: checked with bossman**** he said if the green light is on, the camera and sound is off.*** if the red light is on , then all systems are on and recording**** the system is only recording if one jams on the brakes as in an emergency or if I turn the wheel in a fast rotation so to speak then it starts recording, hmmmmmm,,,if that makes sense, I'm all ears on that one. I still don't trust it.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
This just in: checked with bossman**** he said if the green light is on, the camera and sound is off.*** if the red light is on , then all systems are on and recording**** the system is only recording if one jams on the brakes as in an emergency or if I turn the wheel in a fast rotation so to speak then it starts recording, hmmmmmm,,,if that makes sense, I'm all ears on that one. I still don't trust it.

shades of Terminator...the machines are watching....

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
What happened to the story of that trucking company who was putting cameras in the sleeper? Or was that a gag?

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
What happened to the story of that trucking company who was putting cameras in the sleeper? Or was that a gag?
No, it is not a gag, my son who drives his own rig got to see one installed and it watches the trucker at the wheel and the road. It was mounted at the sleeper area.

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
we will be working on our best nose pick and private scratch'n technique when the red light is on, and thats another thing, that red light( as in red light district, lol) omy, reaching for my meds.....

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Just forward of the sleeper, not in the sleeper area: Just phoned my son to confirm that part.
I've heard of it being done by insurance companies to drivers with questionable driving habits...either the camera or no job....you are free to chose whatever option...

guido4475

Not a Member
I've heard of it being done by insurance companies to drivers with questionable driving habits...either the camera or no job....you are free to chose whatever option...

If a drivers driving is that much in question, where they need to be watched via camera, I would think it may be a good idea for that driver to find another line of work to begin with....