slow start to the week.......

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
Hold on just a minute randy...... dang shoe leather tastes like crap. Oh wait that was real crap from the dogs. sorry never mind. my mistake. hummmm now that don't taste bad..Humble pie.

bryan

Veteran Expediter
Hi
If Gm and Ford keep laying off and closing plants then you can expect it to be like this all the time.Their inefficency and their willingnest to spend money kept this industry fed.If your company only does NLMI freight then it's time to find another company.That ship is either going to sink or find another money tree and I feel that they are getting started to late.Most companies went in search of a new money tree about 8 months ago.

Try to find a company that has a more diverse freight base.Several companies have been expanding their customer lists and trying to break into different areas.

Detriot was the hub city of expediting but I think thats changing.Alot of auto parts suppliers are also hurting right now.I don't know if MI has the highest unemployment rate yet but by 2010 I'm sure they will.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
> Detriot was the hub city of expediting but I think thats
>changing.Alot of auto parts suppliers are also hurting right
>now.I don't know if MI has the highest unemployment rate yet
>but by 2010 I'm sure they will.

In 2005, of the 142 loads we hauled, only 5 were automotive loads in or out of Michigan. Some carries rely heavily on automotive freight. If an automotive slowdown is anticipated, wise expediters will consider more diversified carriers.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Taking in account the coastal areas that are still recovering, We in Michigan (the great state of denial)have the proud distinction of having the highest unemployement rate, Alaska and SC are a close second as of today. We also have one of the highest crime rate in the nation.

tom tinker

Expert Expediter
Your so right on the high crime rate goes back to the glory days of wood furniture industry, When State Gov. had head some where else and jobs flowing out. Thats a crime!!!!!!!!! Thanks Tom x( :'(

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Well Tom you must live on the west side of the state (furniture side) and don't have to deal with the 'South East' cess pool.

I beat up on Michigan but the truth is that I am only singling out the south east portion of the state and Lansing (which is considered by the news media here as part of SE Michigan).

Well the latest is Detroit has raised water rates for the suburbs and places like Garden City will have their water bill doubled. Many see this as a racist move as I do because the way it was brought to a vote but that is beside the point. The problem is that the legislator has apparently voted on a bill to take the water department from Detroit and turn it over to a regional board to run it BUT our dumb a** governor said that she will not sign the bill to allow this – so helping out the people in the area is out of the question.

So if you want to move here and start a business – you have to deal with a punitive business tax, regional taxes to support the stadiums, a political system that is not business friendly unless you are GM/Ford and now high water rates. Would you come to Michigan?

tom tinker

Expert Expediter
Hi Greg Your right I'm in Kentwood sub of Grand Rapids, no thanks on Detroit delivered truck parts there and Chicago, I will stay in layed back western mi. Sorry about water cost ours taste so bad, filter all of it. Would some one move here bad roads and Jennifer not likly.
Wish you all lots of runs, safe and profitable.
Tom Tinker:) ;-) ;)

babs3361

Expert Expediter
Hey!!! East meets West, I to live on the west Coast the real west coast No liberial bull here.. Fresh water as far as you can see.. Great for fishing and recreation. Swimming, boating, fishing, Ice skating, Sking (Water, Down hill, cross country) And since my truck is my business I can choose were I want to live. Love Mich and choose to live here. If U don't like the way things are going vote vote vote and make a difference. This is the only way we can have an American Revolution. Vote all incumbents out!!!! Send a strong message..