Slow Left Lane Drivers BEWARE!!

Brisco

Expert Expediter
.....there is a HERO Police Officer out there somewhere that is going to teach you a lesson!!

I LOVE Law Enforcement Officers!!

This Guy / Gal should get the Officer of the Year Award!! :)

Maverick

Seasoned Expediter
Actually, that's pretty good patrol work.....and funny.

Left lane is a p-a-s-s-i-n-g lane. He/She did this driver a favor. Get over where you belong, no ticket this time. :)

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
If you listen closely, I think they are in Washington or Colorado.

I could be wrong, but I believe this was shot in Jersey. Car & plate look right for NJ...

Sent from my SCH-I110 using EO Forums mobile app

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Again forgot that little smiley face.
My point is they sounded like they've been using recreational pot.

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Again forgot that little smiley face.
My point is they sounded like they've been using recreational pot.

No doubt. I didn't realize you meant it as a metaphor, not physically :)

Sent from my SCH-I110 using EO Forums mobile app

JohnMueller

Staff member
Motor Carrier Executive
Safety & Compliance
Carrier Management
Please send the officers involved to Toledo Ohio to train our police force.

JohnMueller

Staff member
Motor Carrier Executive
Safety & Compliance
Carrier Management
Zorry;

Too funny! I wish I would have seen your comment about thirty years ago - I could have used it.

That was great Bud.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Hey Officer. Your eyes are glazed. Have you been eating donuts ? ;)

Zorry;

Too funny! I wish I would have seen your comment about thirty years ago - I could have used it.

That was great Bud.
ca68759e9549c2f563534efa914701b3.jpg

Maverick

Seasoned Expediter
It was fun to see this action, and consequent no written violation, but it should be considered an exception IMV. Got a "where in the heck is a cop' story to that regard:

New York State a few weeks back, running the usual 1 MPH under the posted and cars are lining up behind me, 5 deep. Pick up truck coming down entry ramp, so we do the usual left signal, check mirror's, slight acceleration, and switch to left lane for merge allowance. Check right mirror, signal right, and check mirrors again before slipping back over into the right lane. Pick up truck is now passing me on the right. :mad: ;) He had to see my blinker on.

He passes and we resume our lead spot in the right lane. Turns out, the car second behind me all the while was a NY Highway Patrol vehicle (and the probable reason cars were lining up behind me) Ahhhh....the unmistakable sound of a kicked downed 8 cylinder as he/she passes me and is closing fast on the PU truck, who has pulled away from the train, in short order. Myself and the car behind had allowed for the merge, with the Leo sagging back to allow the PU to move in ahead of him/her.

Leo knows had I not checked the mirror again before moving back over, it would likely have been an accident involving at least 3 cars. Flip side of the OP post? It was nice to see someone on the spot, and a ticket given for stupid moves made every day. Actually smiled as I drove by the blinking lights. :cool:

Last edited:

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
That's something that irks me: the belief that existing traffic should make way for vehicles entering the freeway. Unless the right lane is clogged up, it's the vehicle entering who needs to adjust speed and merge, because that's what merge means - and he's the only one doing it.
I always move left when a big truck is approaching, because they often can't reach merge speed soon enough, but there's no excuse for the 4 wheelers who expect others to get out of THEIR way.
Then they cruise just where you can't get back in the right lane,
and in Mi, trucks will get ticketed for that.
Sent from my XT907 using EO Forums mobile app

Maverick

Seasoned Expediter
Yup. The only reason I moved over was due to the train behind me, he had no way to merge. Many times it's because LEO's in the pack, as we all might suspect. :D

Not always textbook when maneuvering, but just so happens, I was this time. LEO had the catbird seat and saw it all. I wish more of them would cruise the lanes like they used to. Talk about your revenue potential. :)