Slingbox

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
Anna is a regular poster on another site. She was just trying to give you a heads up on a product that she enjoys. Thanks for the warm welcome guys.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
That Anna is a regular on another site is something we can't all be expected to know, is it?
That Anna wanted to share a product she enjoys, is something we welcome, and appreciate - but for a first ever post to begin with an advertisement, can you really wonder that some are sceptical? After all, there are some very sophisticated spam programs that imitate real people - I get emails from them often.
Anna is very welcome here, and the amount of interest in the Slingbox indicates a subject that lots of us would like to know more about.
That we'd also like to know something about Anna is perfectly natural, I'd say. We like to know something about every one of the members who post here, because it's a community, not just a website.
So, welcome, Anna, to EO! We hope you'll post more, and become another valued member of the community here. :)

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
> That Anna wanted to share a product she enjoys, is
>something we welcome, and appreciate - but for a first ever
>post to begin with an advertisement, can you really wonder
>that some are sceptical? After all, there are some very
>sophisticated spam programs that imitate real people - I get
>emails from them often.
>
>

Note to self: If you ever refer someone to this forum, be sure and give a warning as to what the content of the first X amount of posts should be, lest they be acused of spamming BEFORE the forum administrator confirms them as being such.

Jefferson3000

Expert Expediter
Anna,

I humbly apologize for calling you a spammer. Honestly, the post seemed like a cut and pasted press release for Slingbox. Obviously I was wrong. And if you're a friend of the Diva, that's good enough for me.

Drive Safe!

Jeff

Driver for 15 years
O/O for 13 years
OOIDA #829119

[em]"Let us be thankful for the fools. But for them the rest of us could not succeed." --Mark Twain[/em]

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
The first post did indeed appear to be spam. This was not jumping to conclusions, or saying someone has to have so many posts to share info.

Look at the first post. She did not say she found this great item to share, it was worded as if she were the seller. This wording raised red flags all over the place.

As Cheri said, if she is indeed a driver just wanting to share info, she is welcome to post!

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming!

(I slay me.. LOL)

Dreamer
Forums Administrator
Expeditersonline.com
Truckme.com

"Ability can take you to the top, but it takes Character to keep you there."

- Zig Ziglar

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Diesel,
Sorry for your comment.

Anna is of course welcome but because I started to say it was an ad, I stand by my experience that there were too many flags in the first two posts and she should have said something like her third post for her second post.

I do apologize to Anna but wonder why didn't she reply to my question asking her whether she is an expediter, trucker or ?

Caldonna

Expert Expediter
>Caldonna, I am a little confused about the cellphone signal
>booster and using slingbox? is it that you are using an air
>card and it has a poor signal or poor connection?

Greg,
To answer your question, poor signal.
our signal strength varies around the country same as with cell phone service (they are one and the same) I'm sure everyone has seen the cell phone signal boosters that are sold at truck stops. Awhile back I stopped at a couple of Radio Shacks and asked if this would work with the internet connection and thus the slingbox as well. Everyone thought it would. The boosters claim to increase signal strength 10x's. Was wondering if anyone out there was using a) the boosters for their cell phones and do they work, and b) has anyone used this product with their slingbox and does it help/work. I was hoping to hear yea or nay to help me decided whether to shell out 300 bucks or save it toward the mobile satillite system in a year or so. As someone said earlier, this has crossed into the tech thread territory!

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Don't even bother getting one of those 'signal boasters' things.

If you are serious about it, I would start with an external antenna, Wilson makes one for a truck or like me I went out of my way to get a Larson with an NMO mount (special mount used on police car antennas).

Sometimes an antenna is not enough so I know that a few EO members have the Wilson cellular amplifier, they are not cheap. There are two models, one is direct hook up to your phone but the other has an antenna that I was told that can be used with more than one phone/air card (please correct me if I am wrong someone).

gumball_anna

Seasoned Expediter
>>nothing to suspect here i have used this product since 2005
>>and thought i would share what i know about it... i love
>>being able to watch my tv shows where ever i am......i have
>>the sierra wireless 595 card through Verizion... has a great
>>signal! :)
>
>Well then, please don't mind me asking but are you an
>expediter or trucker or?

Expediter! 2 years with FEDEX Custom Critical....ER unit o/o
and sorry i didn't get right back to you had to go home ......My husbands grandmother just passed away........

The heaviest baggage for a traveler is an empty wallet.

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
>
>
>Expediter! 2 years with FEDEX Custom Critical....ER unit o/o
>and sorry i didn't get right back to you had to go home
>......My husbands grandmother just passed away........
>
>The heaviest baggage for a traveler is an empty wallet.

Sorry to hear that, Anna. Our thoughts and prayers go out to your husband and his family.

bernieh48

Veteran Expediter
Ok so for this to work you have to have tv and cable or a satellite dish at home right? If so that excludes us as we have no house anymore thanks to the hurricanes in FL in 04' LOL

tom tinker

Expert Expediter
Hope this couple don't mind, Anna gave me some history, on this h/w team 2 yrs expediting, she was formerly a traffic manager ,he a truck driver. Hope comments didn't scare them off. Lots of knowledge in trucking industry here with this team. Got this info welcoming them in to e.o. Oh she collects gum ball machines, screen name {Gum ball Anna}
Hurrier you go the be hinder you get! Tom Tinker;)

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
>Ok so for this to work you have to have tv and cable or a
>satellite dish at home right? If so that excludes us as we
>have no house anymore thanks to the hurricanes in FL in 04'
>LOL

You have to have tv from home and if you want more than a handful of channels you have to have cable/dish. You also have to have a high speed internet connection. If you don't have your own house to put it in you could ask family/friends to let you get it installed in their house and hook into it.

Leo Bricker, 73's K5LDB
OOIDA Life Member 677319, JOIN NOW
Owner, Panther trucks 5508, 5509, 5641
EO Forum Moderator
----------
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

gumball_anna

Seasoned Expediter
>
>>
>>
>>Expediter! 2 years with FEDEX Custom Critical....ER unit o/o
>>and sorry i didn't get right back to you had to go home
>>......My husbands grandmother just passed away........
>>
>>The heaviest baggage for a traveler is an empty wallet.
>
>
>Sorry to hear that, Anna. Our thoughts and prayers go out to
>your husband and his family.

Thank You...

The heaviest baggage for a traveler is an empty wallet.