SiriusXM App for the Droid

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
It's not in the Android Marketplace, yet. But it's available for download.

SIRIUS|XM on Android
Enter your email address at the link above to download the application. You will receive a download link.

Alternatively, you can go to http://www.siriusxm.com/android on your Droid to download the application.

Coupla things... Because it's not a Marketplace app, it's a third party app that must be installed by enabling the <check> "Unknown Sources - Allow install of -non-market application" from MENU|SETTINGS|APPLICATIONS|DEVELOPMENT

Download the application to your computer, and then copy it over to the Droid using the USB tether, or just download the file directly to the SD card of the Droid, using the "Download" folder if you have one or right there in the root. Use Astro or AndroZip or some other file manager to install the app.

The app is essentially the same thing as the online version of SiriusXM. If you already have an online subscription (Premium XM Radio Online for $2.99 a month), your enter your login/pass and you're good to go. If not, you'll be given a 7-day trial period with which to try it out, check out all the channels (not all of the satellite channels are available online or for mobile devices) and you can then continue by adding a subscription.

The app is also available for all these phones:

iPhone (2G, 3G, & 3GS)
iPod touch (1st, 2nd, & 3rd Generation)
iPad (Using the iPhone App)
BlackBerry Storm & Storm2 (9500 Series)
BlackBerry Bold (9000 Series)
BlackBerry Bold (9700 Series)
BlackBerry Tour (9600 Series)
BlackBerry Curve (8500 Series)
BlackBerry Curve (8900 Series)
Motorola DROID
Motorola CLIQ
HTC Droid Incredible
HTC Droid Eris
HTC Hero
Google G1
Google Nexus 1
Other Android Smartphones – The application should function, but has not been tested by SIRIUS|XM. (Note: Requires OS 1.5 or higher)

I don't use the online thing much, since when I'd be on the computer to listen to it, I can just turn the radio on in the truck. But I have the online subscription mainly so a friend can use it at work. But now the app for the phone makes it so that I can take it with me when I'm not in the truck, and I have a nifty stereo bluetooth headset that makes for better listening in and out of the truck.