Sirius radios

D Team Brothers

Expert Expediter
Those of you who have the Sirius radio add-on units, those where you have need to program both your FM and the Sirius radios to the same non-in-use station. What do you find is the best station to tune to? I know 88.1 is the preset channel, just wondering if anyone has found something better for crosscountry travel. Thanks, Jack

redytrk

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Those of you who have the Sirius radio add-on units, those where you have need to program both your FM and the Sirius radios to the same non-in-use station. What do you find is the best station to tune to? I know 88.1 is the preset channel, just wondering if anyone has found something better for crosscountry travel. Thanks, Jack

You will have to find the best frequency every time you loose the quality reception. Its a pain in the ask. This FM modulation is meant for those that never stray very far away from home. There are ways to hard wire and play directly through your speakers.

I use XM myself. You can visit XMFan.com :: #1 Fan Site of Sirius XM Satellite Radio :: XM Radio Community Forums And learn just how to do it. I am sure Sirius has a similar site, but your hookup procedures would be the same process, only with Sirius equipment. Car Audio: Subwoofers, Car Stereos, Amps, Receivers, CD Players Another good site.

butterfly610

Veteran Expediter
You should look at the Sirius FM Direct Connect. It plugs into the back of your stereo, and then you plug it into your sirius. Then you don't ever have to change the station of your radio. You can leave it on one station anywhere you go without interruption. It works so good that it overpowers even the strongest station in the bigger cities. In fact, if you want to listen to the regular radio, you'll have to unplug it from your sirius. It's only like 20 bucks I think. When driving cross country, it's definately the way to go on the less expensive end.

D Team Brothers

Expert Expediter
Discovered that if your truck radio has a AUX plug in hole, plug sirius into Aux, tune radio to Aux. and it's just like direct connect! No interference, clear and continuous!

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Not trying to toot my horn here; but for a couple hundred, you could get an installed stereo that's Sirius or XM ready. I prefer the Kenwoods, myself. Will never have a truck without one.