silver and blue kitty cats

Suds43

Seasoned Expediter
Why would anyone pay to go watch a sub-par, at best, football team? I can think of several college teams that would probably clean their clocks.
I don't know who their owner is, but maybe it's time to spend some of that money and put a competitive team on the field, or sell it to someone who will.
Why do the fans in Detroit put up with it??????

blueblooddog

Seasoned Expediter
Why would anyone pay to go watch a sub-par, at best, football team? I can think of several college teams that would probably clean their clocks.
I don't know who their owner is, but maybe it's time to spend some of that money and put a competitive team on the field, or sell it to someone who will.
Why do the fans in Detroit put up with it??????

Bill Ford owns the team. (from the Ford Auto family) He gets a lot of blame for the teams lack of success,but he does try to hire the right people to win, but seems like they never can get it done. Bad draft picks mainly in the last few years,which Millen was responsible for ultimately, and was fired recently after given seven yrs. to win.

Suds43

Seasoned Expediter
Maybe Bill Ford can go to Congress and try to get some bailout money so he can afford to field a competitive team........Worth a shot, isn't it? LOL
Reminds me of years back when Buffalo first drafted Jim Kelly out of the U. of Miami. He refused to play on a losing team. Went to the USFL. The Bills and Ralph Wilson, the owner, still held the NFL 'rights' to Kelly. Kelly went to Wilson and made a deal with him. He would play for Buffalo IF AND ONLY IF Wilson put a competitive team around him. He said he wouldn't throw his career away playing on a perennial loser. Wilson kept his end of the deal (surprisingly) and built a powerhouse. Went out and spent some of his money (which he claimed he didn't have), hired the right people in the front office that got the job done. Bill Polian built the team that went to 4 straight superbowls. Polian then went to Indianapolis and built another superbowl team.
All these owners claim their losing money......that's a bunch of B.S. Read somewhere recently where the owners are making money hand over fist........