Show us the money

Humble2drive

Expert Expediter
To me it is like watching my irresponsible cousin who borrows money from everybody in the family. Then instead of paying his bills he uses the money to throw a big party.
Kinda makes me not want to give him any more money. :mad:
Glad I am not the only party pooper on this "glorious" day.

"ABC reports the 2009 festivities cost about $170 million. That news agency openly admits that tracking this year’s expenses is much harder. In a story published today, the agency said a total of $13.637 million had been appropriated so far, “but it will no doubt be a much larger price tag when everything is accounted for.”
Inauguration 2013: Necessary Tradition or Costly Excess? - Clearwater, FL Patch

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Yeah, how many millions of our dollars are they wasting on this foolishness. Oh, there will be defenders who say it's all paid for by donations and outside sources. Are they also paying for the security, the transportation and all the other expenses involved? I doubt it and that is a whole lot of taxpayer money too.

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
As much as I hate OB and his crew he did have his friends pay for the set up. GE put in 600K and a few others pitched in.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Yeah, but who is paying security and all the other expenses outside of the setup etc.? That's the $64,000 (actually much much much higher I'm sure) question.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Yeah, but who is paying security and all the other expenses outside of the setup etc.? That's the $64,000 (actually much much much higher I'm sure) question.

You and I. Certainly NOT the gimmie goobers who he caters too, for now.

Jumbuck

Seasoned Expediter
To me it is like watching my irresponsible cousin who borrows money from everybody in the family. Then instead of paying his bills he uses the money to throw a big party.
Kinda makes me not want to give him any more money. :mad:
Glad I am not the only party pooper on this "glorious" day.

Oh HELL No! You're not the only "party pooper!" How can we get excited about that when this country is in the deplorable shape it's in? Now, if we were celebrating the return of MILLIONS of good paying jobs, the return of our textile industries, the return of our steel industries, the return of our electronics industry, the return of our auto industries, etc...all of this brought about by the actions of our illustrious president, the **** IT I would make a donation myself! But it's like the story of the emperor's new clothes. Everyone is supposed to cheer and celebrate when there is NOTHING to celebrate about! It's all a sham! Smoke and mirrors! I remember reading a short story about Abraham Lincoln when he was in the White House. His wife wanted to get new curtains for the White House to the tune of $400.00! President Lincoln threw a purple fit and said as long as his people were in rags and hungry there would NOT be ONE penny spent on such "foolishness!" Now THAT"S something to celebrate!

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
No one complained like this when the last couple of 2 term Presidents were sworn in.... "the return of our textile industries, the return of our steel industries, the return of our electronics industry, the return of our auto industries, etc. etc...all of this brought about by the actions of our illustrious president,"
When all this happened...

GE put in 600K .......so they should...LOL, they don't pay taxes here

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Really tho....I don't think ANY second term president should be sworn in a 2nd time...it is not like the swearing wears off....gee whiz...

Humble2drive

Expert Expediter
As much as I hate OB and his crew he did have his friends pay for the set up. GE put in 600K and a few others pitched in.

The set up?
I have a feeling this whole thing is a set up.:eek:

Forget the money for a moment. If I had not fulfilled my promises and responsibilities at my job, I would be embarrassed to be seen vacationing and attending parties.
When does the "roll up my sleeves and get to work" thing start??

Whatever. Mitt probably would have spent the same amount or more as things never really change in Washington only the faces do. :(

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Really tho....I don't think ANY second term president should be sworn in a 2nd time...it is not like the swearing wears off....gee whiz...

The Constitution REQUIRES it. You would have to change it. There is no need to spend the millions to do it, even the first time. Do it in the office, on TV camera and that is it.

You are wrong on one point. The swearing DID wear off in Obama's case, or he had his fingers and toes crossed.

Jumbuck

Seasoned Expediter
Wait a minute...wait a darn minute. I though Church and State should be seperate. If so, why swear on a Holy Bible? Ha-Ha! Answer me THAT one! Shouldn't the swearing be done on the Original copy of the Constitution?

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Wait a minute...wait a darn minute. I though Church and State should be seperate. If so, why swear on a Holy Bible? Ha-Ha! Answer me THAT one! Shouldn't the swearing be done on the Original copy of the Constitution?

The Constitution say that congress will not pass a law regarding the establishment of religion or restrict the free exercise of it. SO, where is the problem, other than the entire thing is a sham.

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Obama's inaugaration party is like renting a limosine to go to your bankruptcy hearing.
Kinda like the CEOs of the Big 3 taking separate corporate jets to Washington to tell Congress they were broke.

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Kinda like the CEOs of the Big 3 taking separate corporate jets to Washington to tell Congress they were broke.

The Chevy CEO had a bumper sticker on his lear jet showing the kid taking a leak on the Ford jet.

whistler

Active Expediter
I thought all you good ole' boys were republicans? I'm not sure what you're all complaining about. Most of you claim to be smart businessmen and women. Everybody knows smart republican businessmen and women find ways not to pay taxes. Why do you care how the rest of us spend our tax dollars?

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I thought all you good ole' boys were republicans? I'm not sure what you're all complaining about. Most of you claim to be smart businessmen and women. Everybody knows smart republican businessmen and women find ways not to pay taxes. Why do you care how the rest of us spend our tax dollars?

Who are you calling a "Republican"? LOL!! :p Don't EVER call me bad names again! :D I am neither a Rumbumlican nor a Demoncrat. I don't belong to criminal organizations.

Our tax dollars? The government is NOT entitled to OUR hard earned money. Only those who EARN money are ENTITLED to it.

The country is broke, spending millions on a sham ceremony is a waste of the borrowed money that was used to pay for it. One TV camera in the Oval Office would have been MORE that what is needed.

moose

Veteran Expediter
No one complained like this when the last couple of 2 term Presidents were sworn in
That's because the last 2 termers, or actually all the presidents combined, did not spent as much as this one spent in the last 6 month alone. {actual debt increase is 7 trillion in 2012, and 5 trillion in 2011.}. not to mention that this one just signed a deal that increase our tax burden by 35$ for each one$ spending cuts.
since this thread is about gov. spending, and how they missuses our hard earned money, i thought it will be appropriate to mentions actual Obama spending and how he misused our hard earned money. news break : were broke!

Last edited: