Should you run for Multiple Carriers? Read this first!

Mike99

Veteran Expediter
Being one of those muti guys who does PAY his full insurance and still run for muti carriers. I do wonder whos running for .73 from detroit to laredo and make a profit I know my cpm and thats just to low!

I did run for multiple carriers but we never had runs under 90 cents per mile. I don't know from where is this legend. I did pay full insurance ($300 per month),but I saved in QC $130 and on the occupational insurance an other 135. And when you have a 800-1000 miles run, you can run it without a problem. Nobody force you to do a swap at halfway....

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I did run for multiple carriers but we never had runs under 90 cents per mile. I don't know from where is this legend. I did pay full insurance ($300 per month),but I saved in QC $130 and on the occupational insurance an other 135. And when you have a 800-1000 miles run, you can run it without a problem. Nobody force you to do a swap at halfway....

Thinking your saving by not having occupational can bite you.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
I would really rethink not having occupational accident coverage. That is way too much risk in my opinion.

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
I can tell you that's one insurance policy you need to keep.
I also have Aflac. I fell out of a tree at home two weeks ago and broke my leg in two places along with ankle and the arch in my foot. That's the best policy for the money anyone can have. If you run a fleet, Aflac will come in and set a payroll deduction up along with a lot of other perks for your drivers. Just an accident policy is about $12 every two weeks. You can't beat it. :cool:

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
I can tell you that's one insurance policy you need to keep.
I also have Aflac. I fell out of a tree at home two weeks ago and broke my leg in two places along with ankle and the arch in my foot. That's the best policy for the money anyone can have. If you run a fleet, Aflac will come in and set a payroll deduction up along with a lot of other perks for your drivers. Just an accident policy is about $12 every two weeks. You can't beat it. :cool:

What were you doing in a tree? Raking leaves???