Sesame Teriyaki in the truck

ihamner

Expert Expediter
I just found the greatest meal for the truck and it is so easy. It is a box meal made by Simply Asia called Sesame Teriyaki in the oriental section at WalMart. It is Authentic Asian noodles with the classic teriyaki sauce (with ginger and toasted sesame seeds). If you don't like teriyaki flavor then this is not the dish for you. The noodles cook in the rice cooker for 5 min. Pour the water off and add the teriyaki sauce. Meanwhile I browned a boneless chicken breast in the Foreman grill. I sliced the chicken breast, added it to the noodles and the sauce then sprinkled the sesame seeds over all. Add a cup of hot tea and call it supper!

India Hamner
[font color="purple"] FEDEX [/font][font color="blue"]Custom Critical[/font]
D Unit
No one is so old as the one who has outlived enthusiasm.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
I have seen those before but had not thought of adding the Chicken to the noodles. Last time we where home I chunked up a bunch of chicken and browned it. Then of course put them in freezer baggies. As we went along I would get some of the chicken out and add them to different dishes. Worked just as well as browning hamburger to bring on the road! India is the George Foreman hard to clean up on the road? Do you have a TV tray or something that it fits on? In our truck which has no counter space but put a back on a cutting board that then fits right on the sink making a workable space. He also added an undercounter light with a plug in that I use.

ihamner

Expert Expediter
I have a small Foreman grill and it fits down in the sink. But I love the idea of browning chicken like ground beef and having it ready to add to recipes. NOW you tell me!! Now I'm back on the road and won't be able to do it until next time at home. That's okay, I'll take a package or two of your chicken while we are at the truck show! Okay, everyone, Linda will be in the EO booth giving out chicken packages. Step right up and get yours. Ha!

India Hamner
D Unit

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
If you like sesame teriyaki, I have a sauce for you! It's called Veri Veri Teriyaki, and you can find it at some Supercenters. It's the only sauce I trust for my Pecan Encrusted Porkchops. If someone wants, I'll post the recipe. They keep well in the fridge.

"If I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know." - Kansas

ihamner

Expert Expediter
Please, please post your pork chop recipe. Oh, hurry, hurry!! Is the sauce you mentioned around the barbeque/ketchup area?

India Hamner
D Unit

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Wow that sounds great post the recipe.

You can check with us at the EO booth and the lucky first one to get there will get a FREE package! We can only have one lucky winner due to the extradinary effort involved on preparing the chicken package.

So make your way immediately to the booth and you could be the lucky one! If we are out of them I believe Terry will have some kind of bull to hand out to lucky winners. Rene' defiantly will not have any bull though.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
RE: RE%3A Sesame Teriyaki in the truck

This is for 6 to 8 porkchops.

Veri Veri Teriyaki
Butter
Brown sugar
Crushed pecans
Pork chops (I use the half pork loins and cut them into chops about 3/4" thick)

Mix 1/2 stick melted butter, 8-10 oz of teriyaki sauce, and 1/2 cup of brown sugar to start. Keep adding the sauce and/or butter until it tastes right (you'll know when you have a perfect blend of sweet and tang)

Seer porkchops using your own spices. (I use Morton's Nature Seasonings and McCormick's California Style garlic blend)

Preheat oven to 350

Baste porkchops with sauce, and cook for 20 mins.

Add pecans and cook for additional 5-10 mins.

Add some sauce after cooking.

I'd advise mixing a smaller amount of sauce, as I may be way off on the amounts (especially the sugar). Before my favorite restaurant closed, I asked the chef how he makes em. All he gave me were ingredients, and I had to guess. Now, it's just dump sauce, dump sugar, add butter, and tweek a couple times. LOL Hope you like em!

ihamner

Expert Expediter
Oh my!!! These pecan crusted pork chops with that sauce sound awesome! I will probably try to fix them in the crock pot so they can cook as we ride down the road. Thanks so much for sharing this recipe. I can't wait to try it!!

India Hamner
D Unit

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Linder, last weekend, I was in Pa helping my daughter move, and she tossed together a really easy Chicken Stroganoff dish that I bet you could do in the crockpot: chicken, mushrooms, onions, cream of chicken or mushroom soup, [or both], a bit of rosemary, and sour cream, over noodles - yummy! She left out the white wine, and I'm pretty sure you don't keep any in the truck either, but it was still quite tasty.
I can't do THawk's pork chops till I get home, but I definitely want to try them, too - I love pork chops, and usually bake them on top of escalloped potatoes. :9

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
This has to be one of the few times when we are glad we are at home going to the store tonight and getting the ingredients!! Thanks a lot for the recipe. The results will be posted soon.
Cheri that does sounds good and you are right we dont carry that one ingredient in the truck.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Edit my recipe. LOL

It should say add sauce and/or sugar, not butter. Geez, ya think I'm trying to kill everyone here? ;)

"If I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know." - Kansas

ihamner

Expert Expediter
I got all the ingredients today. Tomorrow I am fixing this recipe and I'll let you know how we like it. Thanks so much for sharing it. I would never have even noticed that sauce in the store. ih

India Hamner
D Unit

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
We had this for supper last night. The recipe will go in my keeper list. Lots of flavor and the pork chops where really moist. Good One. India let us know how the recipe does in the crock pot.

ihamner

Expert Expediter
Oh, these are THE best pork chops! If you have the ability to fix them in your truck - it is the way to go. It is now one of our most favorite meals! I quick browned the chops in the Foreman grill. I mixed up the sauce (OH that awesome sauce!!) with a little brown sugar in the crock pot. As the chops browned (about a minute and a half) I popped them in the crockpot on top of the sauce and turned them over, sprinkled the pecans on top and let it all cook for 1 hour in the crock pot. That was the best smell as we rolled down I40! Thanks so much for sharing this great recipe! I think this sauce would be great with chicken also.

India Hamner
D Unit

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
I hadn't even noticed you tried them. My wife was browsing and told me they were a hit. Glad you liked them :)

My favorite sound is when someone goes Mmmmm to something I cook :7

-Vampire Super Slooth Trucker!!!