September locations

mcavoy33

Seasoned Expediter
There are GE facilities "warehouses" in every train yard. If a locomotive breaks down and they do not have the part to get it fixed, they ship it in from another rail yard. Waycros is one of "if not the biggest" rail yards in the country. I have been to Waycross 3 times this year and all three times I got a load right back out after 2 days. It's a great place to get loads. It's my honey hole!

They are good honeyholes, I just hate trying to find the actual GE location. I swear to god, I drive around looking for it and can never find it, makes it worse when you rush to get there and don't stop to pee but when you do get there, you have to pee like there is no tomorrow.

myvan010

Seasoned Expediter
got a load out of Col, Ohio down to Dallas,Texas now just waiting to head back north.....BTW setting at the flying hook

d_b1486

Active Expediter
Heading to crossville, TN. Never really been around this area with a load. Its bout 70 miles west of Knoxville n 110 eSt of Nashville. Should I stay put or move to either one of those? I was thinking of staying there. Unloading like 1 mile from a pilot n just wait there. If I het a load I'll dh either way. But this way I can get a load from either end maybe?

Posted with my iPhone EO Forum App

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
That should be a good area for you. I don't know how far you are from Chattanooga but there is a place out there that ships stuff back to michigan. If you go to the Petro in Knoxville it is a pretty decent and quite place to park. I usually head down to the Petro over there because there are loads that come out of Clinton TN for International Truck and Engine and those usually go down to Garland TX. Also, if you work for that company that gets loads out of the railyard, you are only 85 miles away from Corbin KY if you move down to the Petro in Knoxville. I have gotten a few loads out of Corbin before. Some going back to Erie PA and some going to Russell KY. Good luck man!

d_b1486

Active Expediter
Thanks for the info man. Just looked and I'll be 75 miles from chatanooga. So I might stay put.

Falligator

Expert Expediter
Thanks for the info man. Just looked and I'll be 75 miles from chatanooga. So I might stay put.

My grandpa lives down there and there's a Dana Corp close to the Walmart and a few other places also a Federal Mogul over in Sparta I think.

14Wheeler

Seasoned Expediter
IF you have the time, walk over the the Great Basin Brewing Company.

Holy Cow, picked me one heck of a perfect time to spend
a weekend in Sparks. Didn't even realize what was going on
till this morning. Picked up the Sun paper, and the headlines
are all bike scum related. The TA's got 3 rental cops at the
entrances and 2 inside. Today was kinda quiet and only heard,
not seen any bikers.
As you suggested, walked over to the BrewCo and had a late
lunch/dinner. That's quite the place....will deff stop again.
That stuff they placed in the glass was a mighty tasty

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
I almost got a weekend run to San Diego from Michigan, but the pay wasn't quite enough to go out there. So instead, I got one from Wisconsin to New Jersey. Half as long for three quarters of the money. :) Works for me.
Now sitting at a park in New Jersey, hopefully will get something out of here today.

d_b1486

Active Expediter
Sitting at the pilot in crossville TN. Had an offer at 830am but dent get it and quiet since. We will see it's still early

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Holy Cow, picked me one heck of a perfect time to spend
a weekend in Sparks. Didn't even realize what was going on
till this morning. Picked up the Sun paper, and the headlines
are all bike scum related. The TA's got 3 rental cops at the
entrances and 2 inside. Today was kinda quiet and only heard,
not seen any bikers.
As you suggested, walked over to the BrewCo and had a late
lunch/dinner. That's quite the place....will deff stop again.
That stuff they placed in the glass was a mighty tasty

Happy it worked out for you. I will be back there every chance I get. I like that place. Lot's of fun.

mcavoy33

Seasoned Expediter
Waiting to get loaded in Indianapolis headed to Rochester, Mn.

I think I popped the lighter fuse, where is the fusebox in a Peterbilt?

Falligator

Expert Expediter
Sitting at the pilot in crossville TN. Had an offer at 830am but dent get it and quiet since. We will see it's still early

Ya ought to check out the Bean Pot restaurant off of exit 322 if you go from pilot go east on 40 to next exit and turn left. It will be on the right. I keep hearing that they have some good food, I just haven't been able to try it yet.

d_b1486

Active Expediter
Ya ought to check out the Bean Pot restaurant off of exit 322 if you go from pilot go east on 40 to next exit and turn left. It will be on the right. I keep hearing that they have some good food, I just haven't been able to try it yet.

Thanks I might do that. Seems I'm staying here tonight. Maybe I'll move down to Knoxville later tonight