September locations... Farewell summer of '13

aquitted

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
No warranty through wingfoot ??

Nope they said it was 90 days and it's been 8 month's but didn't know anything was wrong until the last engine service when I was told the lower fitting on that kingpin wsn't taking grease. ftl shop said they didn't hone it.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Make good notes. Try to have name of who told you no warranty and when. Then I'd take it up the later at Wingfoot.
I'd suspect you'll get some kind of settlement.
Ask FYDA to be highly detailed on what they did and why in your RO.

TonyD

Active Expediter
Winston Salem Nc. For the weekend. Time for a cold beer and some football. Enjoy everyone.

ScottInBama

Expert Expediter
Driver
In six years of expediting (4 with Panther & 2 with Groundflight) I never said no or turned down load offer until this morning. It felt pretty good, I didn't die or anything like that as a result. Just hanging out at hotel here in Dallas watching football. This job ain't so bad!

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
In six years of expediting (4 with Panther & 2 with Groundflight) I never said no or turned down load offer until this morning. It felt pretty good, I didn't die or anything like that as a result. Just hanging out at hotel here in Dallas watching football. This job ain't so bad!

WOW! First turn down in 6 years? If I had went 6 years without a turn down I would have been out of business in 2. I have seen FAR too many money losing offers over the past 8 years, more and more with each passing month.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
It's quite different when all your offers basically pay the same.
Nice job on the no turndowns. Kind of sad that you have to get excited about taking a Saturday off.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Just dropped the truck off in Lawrenceburg, KY and rented a car for the ride home.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using EO Forums mobile app

ScottInBama

Expert Expediter
Driver
WOW! First turn down in 6 years? If I had went 6 years without a turn down I would have been out of business in 2. I have seen FAR too many money losing offers over the past 8 years, more and more with each passing month.

Not an owner operator so they all pay the same for me. Don't make the big bucks but enough to content and happy.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Not an owner operator so they all pay the same for me. Don't make the big bucks but enough to content and happy.

Scott, I'm not an O/O either, [and I'm making enough to be happy], but I'm wondering how it is that they all pay the same - my load offers sure don't, lol.
I don't hesitate to turn down the ones that would leave me in a place I won't get out of, unless they add some DH, or another short load if I've done too many lately, or whatever doesn't pay enough, because it's not just me I have to consider.
If I owned the truck, I'd probably accept every load to Fl without hesitation, because it's where my daughter & her family live. But knowing how far I might need to DH out, I try to negotiate for that, so the load doesn't cost the fleet owner.
That was probably a bad example, lol - the fleet owner knows I don't get to see my grands very often and I doubt he'd object, but you get the drift: if it's not an acceptable profit, I have to turn it down, or explain it to the Boss. :eek:
I'm not sure whether I'd prefer having to accept them all or not...

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Restarting. this time UpState NewYork @ the TA east of Buffalo till Mon. morning.

REALLY good salmon fishing just a bit to the NE of there this of year. Just below the dam on Oak Orchard Creek. They stack up below the dam. Used to guide there off and on years ago. Good up at Otswego too, but a week or two later. Had my best day ever there. Kept 3 and released over 30, before noon.

Last edited:

moose

Veteran Expediter
I don't eat fish in a restaurant- you really expect me to go hook them stinking bustard?

moose

Veteran Expediter
Well, if i ever go fishing with you- you hook the bait, you clean the fish...i'll bring the lemon.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Has anyone noticed that you can unlike a post ?
I think only if you like it first. You can erase your like.