Sept 2015 locations

Status
Not open for further replies.

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Still having problems with mortgage paperwork from our buyer. Just delayed a third time. All our stuff was loaded in a Uhaul 10 days ago. Finally got permission to store our stuff in the garage of the house we are buying so drove from WV to NJ yesterday. Kids med me this morning to unload, opened the back........toast, something caught fire and everything we had is destroyed. Inside of the truck not too bad. Time to start over
OMG! So sorry to hear that. Insurance can never cover those personal mementos! Make new memories and keep them close to your heart,

Twiggy

Rookie Expediter
At Petro in Bordentown New Jersey. No loads :-(.
Looks like I'm going to be sitting until holiday weekend is up.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

vandriver2

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Still having problems with mortgage paperwork from our buyer. Just delayed a third time. All our stuff was loaded in a Uhaul 10 days ago. Finally got permission to store our stuff in the garage of the house we are buying so drove from WV to NJ yesterday. Kids med me this morning to unload, opened the back........toast, something caught fire and everything we had is destroyed. Inside of the truck not too bad. Time to start over
SO, SO Sorry to hear that!

vandriver2

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Painted these two, 8x10 & 9x12 - mowed the lawn, pulled weeds, sprayed some, made burritos w/ avocados, beef, onions, maters, cheese n sour cream.
Walkin Mags in the hood soon.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 47
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 43

KickStarter6

Veteran Expediter
Congratulations! You were too young and inexperienced to just jump into a cargo van and start expediting. Good to see you are back on the road of logical progression to cargo van owner/operator. Before we learn to walk we first must crawl, then comes baby steps. Class A, tractor-trailer is a good start. Take your time and learn all you can. It took me 20 years to work my way up to cargo van owner/operator, but it was worth it.

Seriously, good luck to you! Keep us posted. Do you have any job prospects yet? You will probably have to spend some time team driving with a trainer. Once you get out on your own I'm sure you will enjoy it. Hang in there. With a year of experience you should be able to pick and choose just about any driving job you want. You might even get back into a cargo van before you turn 40.

A few companies have come to school and have given us prehire letters for once we finish but no firm suitors yet. I really like what I've heard from maverick and they seem to pay well about .50cpm within 6 months

Reactions: vandriver2 and Moot

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
A few companies have come to school and have given us prehire letters for once we finish but no firm suitors yet. I really like what I've heard from maverick and they seem to pay well about .50cpm within 6 months
Flatbed freight can be challenging, especially tarpping and strapping in rain and snow. At least you won't have to deal with grocery houses.

Reactions: Tennesseahawk

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Flatbed freight can be challenging, especially tarpping and strapping in rain and snow. At least you won't have to deal with grocery houses.
yep..those chains and tarps get real heavy quick....standing out there on a slippery deck climbing over things at 10 below zero and a 20 MPH wind....you'll earn every penny! Best of luck!

Reactions: Moot
Status
Not open for further replies.