See You in September

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Popping champagne, wearing ski goggles & jumping around like fools after you make the playoffs is just about the most idiotic thing I've seen recently.

Hate to point out the obvious but you haven't won anything yet.
Well, they are the "boys" of summer and some (Americans) even got participation trophies all through their lives.

Oh yeah, and they probably get another $100,000 for making the playoffs.

Sent from my moto z3 using EO Forums mobile app

Reactions: ntimevan

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Popping champagne, wearing ski goggles & jumping around like fools after you make the playoffs is just about the most idiotic thing I've seen recently.

Hate to point out the obvious but you haven't won anything yet.
Well, they are the "boys" of summer and some (Americans) even got participation trophies all through their lives.

Oh yeah, and they probably get another $100,000 for making the playoffs.

Sent from my moto z3 using EO Forums mobile app
At that Age and Accomplishment , I could see tossing back a few Cold Ones . But the excessive Celebration is "Media Fed " here , here , put the Camera in my face .
News , Sports , Politics all have 1 thing in common... Media Highlights... eliminate the source, eliminate your problem . J M O ..

Sent from my SM-G975U using EO Forums mobile app

Reactions: Grizzly

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
At that Age and Accomplishment , I could see tossing back a few Cold Ones . But the excessive Celebration is "Media Fed " here , here , put the Camera in my face .
News , Sports , Politics all have 1 thing in common... Media Highlights... eliminate the source, eliminate your problem . J M O ..

Sent from lost in space.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter

Which source would that be? Media, or politicians and sports? And what problem are you talking about? So far, I haven't seen any problem, other than some traffic.

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Which source would that be? Media, or politicians and sports? And what problem are you talking about? So far, I haven't seen any problem, other than some traffic.
Simple chose Your own Source.
DON'T LIKE SPORTS ..Don't Watch them ..
DON'T LIKE POLITICAL ISSUES ..Don't follow it .
DON'T LIKE MEDIA/NEWS COVERAGE ( ME ) Don't watch/listen to..
Subtract the Negatives in your Life will make it More Enjoyable.
My Example.... E O ... subtract the Negatives out of my EO life , it made EO more enjoyable to me..

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
That definitely is currently on the table. Still haven't decided which hat, if any, I'm going to put on ;)

Oh, ok ..... I misunderstood.
I thought the photo was an announcement.

Best of luck whatever you decide ...

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Good News, Bad News?

Good News- All the parts for the van are 'supposed' to be arriving on Friday, and job finished. At least that's the plan...

Bad News- Any snafu on Friday would be very bad, as the "rear end guy" is going on vacation to Florida for a week :oops:

Yeah, Not what I wanted to hear.
Looks like a all-or-nothing Friday :rolleyes:

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Just got word that the van parts arrived too late today to do the job

I guess I'll take the good news part, they are coming in on Saturday when they are closed to do it

So hopefully it all works outs and I get the van back tomorrow. I guess I can put off walking to the grocery store for 1 more day

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums