Seat Cover Solution

ihamner

Expert Expediter
We have leather seats and I just hate them. They are freezing cold in the winter and so hot in the summer we can hardly stand them. They get all sweaty and yuck. Well, Nobb4u had a great solution to our problem. She suggested instead of purchasing expensive replacement seat covers, we get good quality bathroom rugs for the seats. What an amazing change! Wow! Do not get bathroom rugs at WalMart but go to some place like JC Penney or Kohl. I found mine at a new Target. They have the rubber back so they don't slip and slide and they are so comfortable.

Thanks Nobb4u! What a great tip! This lady is FULL of good ideas!

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
India I had to laugh when reading your post as your reasons of the leather seats getting dirty is the reason we want them! I can explain that a little better our cloth seat also get dirty and they are much harder to clean then the vinyl around the cloth. We have put seat covers over our seats but I still feel as if they are always dirty.
We will have leather seats in the next truck but I believe we will also be using the bathroom mats as that is a great idea and you can wash them.

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
I love the leather seats because they are easier to keep clean. I didn't think of the bathroom rug idea (which is a great one!) I just throw a towel down an wash them when I do laundry. :)

ihamner

Expert Expediter
Our problem with the towels is that they keep sliding and falling out when we are climbing out of the truck. Wait til you try the rug...you'll love it!

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
LOL...India, my hubby has what I loving call "butt feet" because the towel on his seat never stays in the same place. He loves the rug idea too

nobb4u

Expert Expediter
Thanks for the compliment India.

On the same lines if you want to keep the seat clean without the expense of seat covers just buy you some inexpensive tee shirts for the backs of the seats and the rugs for the seating area, if they get dirty you can wash them or worst case scenario just chuck them. Also in my old Century my arm rest split and what I did was wrap the arm in foam and covered it with trouser socks (from my favorite store Wal-Mart).
The trouser socks work better than regular socks because they have a tighter stretch and you can get them in a wide variety of designer colors too.

For you guys these are sock you will find in the lady's sock section. I know you can get dress socks in the men's department but its not the same thing they won't stay in place as well. :)