Screen View

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Out of curiosity, what happens if someone is using an ipod or an iphone or something, if the pic is 'too big'? What do they see?

Viewing pics on an iPhone is great. You can scroll from one to another and there are no banner ads when viewing them.

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
What happened to the right column?? I only have half of it. I have refreshed and restarted to no avail. Good thing I was signed in already.

Well full screen view on page one then when going to additional pages right column cuts in half. I think the main screen shot enlarges..

Oh well it almost 5.

Last edited:

mrgoodtude

Not a Member
Oh hell I swear I didn't do that on purpose!
I re-sized the image to 640 (from the bucket) and when I went to post nothing showed in the post..
Would edit it but can't get to it (the edit button that is)..
Dale wanna erase this for me?

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I thought there *was* something about the size of pics... or maybe I'm thinking about the avatar? I know when I was playing with my old avatar a long time ago, I'm pretty sure it would not appear until it was within the size parameters. Aren't pics the same way?
Yes, the avatar, any images in a sig, and any other pictures which are uploaded to the EO servers for display. When you want to include a picture as an attachment to your postings, you click on "Manage Attachments" and there's a list of acceptable formats, file sizes and dimensions. But that's only for those you attach to a posting, not those you hotlink to from other sites, like Photobucket. For attachments, bmp, gif, jpg, etc., the max width listed is 620 pixels, so maybe there needs to be something in the TOS or COC about the size of hotlinked images, setting them to 620 (although, as far as I know, 640 won't break any browsers).

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Out of curiosity, what happens if someone is using an ipod or an iphone or something, if the pic is 'too big'? What do they see?
Any pictures when viewed on an iPhone (or even a non-Apple product) will see either a small thumbnail or an icon to click on to view the image. You click the image and it gets downloaded to the phone and then gets viewed with one of the picture viewer apps installed on the phone.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
which is what the problem is.
Do a full screen capture and e-mail it in. Let them see what you are seeing.

You should also check your screen resolution settings as well as all the display settings in your browser, just to make sure.

pjjjjj

Veteran Expediter
Do a full screen capture and e-mail it in. Let them see what you are seeing.

You should also check your screen resolution settings as well as all the display settings in your browser, just to make sure.

Obviously purgoose was also seeing it, and so was mrgoodtude?

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Any suggestions on how to do that?
<pjjjjj> = technotard
To capture the entire desktop, press Command-Shift-3. The screen shot will be automatically saved as a PNG file on your desktop.

To capture a portion of the desktop, press Command-Shift-4. A cross-hair cursor will appear and you can click and drag to select the area you wish to capture. When you release the mouse button, the screen shot will be automatically saved as a PNG file on your desktop. (The file is saved as PDF in Mac OS 10.3 and earlier.)

To capture a specific application window, press Command-Shift-4, then press the Spacebar. The cursor will change to a camera, and you can move it around the screen. As you move the cursor over an application window, the window will be highlighted. The entire window does not need to be visible for you to capture it. When you have the cursor over a window you want to capture, just click the mouse button and the screen shot will be saved as a PNG file on your desktop. (The file is saved as PDF in Mac OS 10.3 and earlier.)

Another method for capturing screen shots in Mac OS X is by using the bundled Apple utility, Grab, located in the Applications > Utilities folder. Grab is useful if you need to include a cursor or a menu in your screen shot, or if you want to save your screen shot to TIFF format. To include a cursor, first go to Grab Preferences and select the cursor icon you wish to have in your screen shot. To capture the screen with Grab, run Grab, then choose of the capture modes from the "Capture" menu: Selection, Window, Screen, Timed Screen.

pjjjjj

Veteran Expediter
Thank you, I have a couple of samples, but can't figure out how to email the attachments to lawrence. :/

pjjjjj

Veteran Expediter
You don't know how to attach a file to an e-mail?

Are you makin funna me? If I go to 'Lawrence', and I choose the option of 'send Lawrence and email', it does not give me an option of attaching a file. If I go to 'send Lawrence a private message', it does not give me an option of attaching a file. I don't see the info where Lawrence's real email address is posted so that I could send a normal email with normal email software which would allow the attachment of a file. I am undoubtedly missing something somewhere. So.. umm, no, in this case I don't know how to attach a file to this particular email.

Note: altho the above methods do supposedly allow the attachment of a file, the file seems to need to be on a website (ie photobucket); it doesn't seem to allow the attachment of just a normal file from one's computer.

Last edited:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Are you makin funna me?
Uhm, yeah, I am. Little bit. :D

I'd just PM or e-mail him and ask for his e-mail address, or whatever address he wants to the pic to go to.

Or, check your PMs for it.

pjjjjj

Veteran Expediter
Uhm, yeah, I am. Little bit. :D

I'd just PM or e-mail him and ask for his e-mail address, or whatever address he wants to the pic to go to.

Or, check your PMs for it.

Well I guess according to your reply, it is not possible for me to email the attachment with the information and resources available to me at this time, is it? So... what's there to make a little bit of fun of?

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
Well I guess according to your reply, it is not possible for me to email the attachment with the information and resources available to me at this time, is it? So... what's there to make a little bit of fun of?

I PM'ed my email address so you can send your attachment. Based on this thread - I think your browser settings are altered or you customized them in such a way that it is causing the page issues you mentioned. Hopefully. we can walk you through and get it fixed. :)

The making fun....well it was just fun. :eek:

Stay safe!!

I'll look for your email.

pjjjjj

Veteran Expediter
I PM'ed my email address so you can send your attachment. Based on this thread - I think your browser settings are altered or you customized them in such a way that it is causing the page issues you mentioned. Hopefully. we can walk you through and get it fixed. :)

The making fun....well it was just fun. :eek:

Stay safe!!

I'll look for your email.

Ok, sent the screenshots.