Salt Lake City

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
I know Salt Lake City has become an express center recently. How is freight out of that area? Particularly surface expedite.

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
It can be pretty much hit or miss out of SLC,(but then again,aren't they all?) much like the Denver express center.

Seasoned Expediter
As stated earlier we were hit and miss, and we are w/g dod and most times wanted us to go ontario,ca. Have not been there since being e-press center.

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
Thanks for the replys. We are in Ontario, CA trying to get back east for the fourth. It seems like all of our opps are to Salt Lake City or Phoneix. We don't want to get in that cycle of running back and forth right now. Need to head home.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
If you are trying to get back east Ontario is usually the best for us to get a load going East. If we were going to move it would be to Phoenix as we get loads out of there going East also. You might have to turn down some going back west.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
That is always awesome when that happens! I hate it when we get ourselves our there and have to dead head back east. We have had to do this more then once when we cut it to close to a dead line.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
I'm glad to hear you got yourself back east under load from Los Angeles. I just want to add my vote to what the others have already said.

If you are in Los Angeles and want to get back east, it is better to wait for an offer that takes you there. Taking a load to another express center west of the Mississippi (El Paso, Reno, Las Vegas, Denver, Seattle, etc.) is less likely to get you quickly east. It can happen of course, but I'd put my money on LA.

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
Our run was from LA to New Jersey. Had 6 days to get there. It was not a great paying load but at least we are now in the freight zone again.
We like to do the cross country runs occasionally but we always fear getting stuck out there. We did have a lot of opps for in state and runs to Phoenix and Salt Lake City.