Salt Lake City, Utah

pandora2112

Seasoned Expediter
Any suggestions on whether to stay in SLC or deadhead out...if so where? It's already going to be slowing down for the holiday and we've never been there yet so any suggestions are helpful!

Sent from my VS910 4G using EO Forums mobile app

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
It depends…. What company are you with? What division are you in?

When we were with surface we had a hard time getting out of there, now that we have our clearances that is a good area. Now is it a good area around Thanksgiving that is a good question.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Check the weather reports too. You don't want to get stuck in the mountains if the weather gets bad.

We have had very little, if any, work out of SLC, a few loads going in, but I cannot remember any leaving. We avoid that area if we can.

Mailer

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

spongebox1

Expert Expediter
Thx guys, any ideas on an area to dead head towards from SLC?

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Can't help you as to where. We would start heading east. Heading towards Chicago, maybe head down towards Kansas City. It has been a long time since we where out that way. Good luck!

spongebox1

Expert Expediter
Can't help you as to where. We would start heading east. Heading towards Chicago, maybe head down towards Kansas City. It has been a long time since we where out that way. Good luck!

Kansas city was my guess and looking at the weather report I think drop and run might be the best idea!!

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
I'm sitting at the oak grove,mo petro didnt see many vans or st at the mo side j and one sprinter here so come on out.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
My weather station shows nothing happening for Salt Lake City in the near future? The storm appears to be down around I 40.. 10 day forecast clear sunny 50°?

Last edited:

ScottInBama

Expert Expediter
Driver
Any suggestions on whether to stay in SLC or deadhead out...if so where? It's already going to be slowing down for the holiday and we've never been there yet so any suggestions are helpful!

Three trips to SLC in last 12 months. First time got load out of Ogden within 24 hours. Second time load out within 36 hours. Third time 4 days before getting load. We're in cv also. Good luck!

Sent from my LGL45C using EO Forums mobile app

ATeam

Retired Expediter

It's a tough call. Sit in Salt Lake City? Deadhead to Kansas City? Deadhead to Los Angeles? Note too that while freight slows because many shippers and consignees have the Thanksgiving holiday off, it is also the case that a lot of expediters go home for the holiday, leaving you as one of the trucks that are still in service. When trucks are hard to find, shippers have been known to reach out a long way and pay the price to bring a truck to them.

With so much uncertainty, know that whatever decision you make, it will be the correct one and there will be little point in second-guessing yourself, even if the decision you make turns out to be the wrong one with the benefit of hindsight. You can only act in the present and you have to work with what you have. When you don't have much information to work with, all you can do is the best you can.

Last edited:

pandora2112

Seasoned Expediter
Couldn't pass up the opportunity to see some of my favorite states but figured it wasn't a great freight area. We'll see how it goes! :)

aquitted

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
This is one time one of those magic 8 balls would come in handy,(Not talking about drugs) You know shake it up and turn upside down to see your answer.

spongebox1

Expert Expediter
Thanks everyone! This is what makes this forum what it is!!!!

pandora2112

Seasoned Expediter
This is one time one of those magic 8 balls would come in handy,(Not talking about drugs) You know shake it up and turn upside down to see your answer.

Party at Acquitted's truck! :p
I probably couldn't even handle a few drinks anymore...my partying days are behind me!

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

Magic 8 ball?

No wonder mine doesn't work!

fc,220x200,navy.u1.jpg