Safety Alliance?

greg334

Veteran Expediter
As I have been looking though my safety/disaster/training material links I ran across the National Safety Council’s website (which by the way is really good source of info for those who are interested) and saw in their news items “NSC and Best Buy spotlight distracted driving” headline with“The Council has joined forces with Best Buy to communicate safety messages related to distracted driving and mobile electronics”.

Now this is too funny, Best Buy? Come on… a good percentage of their sales is from devices that are dangerous in the hands of drivers. Starting with cell phones and going through those (sorry for the explitive) video monitors for the brats, what do they sell that isn’t a distraction?

I mean on my way home this weekend, I was behind a Tahoe for a while that had three monitors going and it was distracting to me simple because it was dark and these things were flashing. Maybe more annoying than distracting. Well anyway the only one that didn’t have a movie (or games) running was the driver but she was trying to watch the passenger’s movie and moving back and forth in the lane.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Whatever happened to playing songs to sing to? I guess this generation is too stupid to be imaginative. It's rare to see a kid reading anymore. That's right America... continue to stick their faces in a video all day, and my daughter may someday be their boss! (maybe even yours)

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The government needs to quit meddling where they don't belong and take action where it's needed. This is one situation that needs a national ban on video visible to the driver of the vehicle. Some states have that already but it's a problem in many areas. Since people are too stupid to keep video away from the driver on their own we need a national law to mandate it as well as a national law with HUGE penalties to anyone installing video visible to the driver.

Leo Bricker
OOIDA 677319
truck 4958
73's K5LDB
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Some things are not for the feds to interfere with. As far as I'm concerned, the feds have already shredded the constitution to fit their own agenda. I think the states can take care of this on their own.