Sabine Parish LA School District Enters Consent Decree

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I think if the school was carefully monitored, we'd find the school is unable to fully comply, what with human nature being what it is. The decree completely overturns the way of life there (a Catholic school masquerading as a public school), impacting even casual conversations between teachers and students. It may take years before the mentality and daily routine is changed to satisfy the decree. Especially since the decree wasn't all that specific in the iconography that is pervasive in the building.

I love the KKK's comments from the article. They represent The South so well.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
I think if the school was carefully monitored, we'd find the school is unable to fully comply, what with human nature being what it is.
I wouldn't be at all surprised if willful non-compliance rears its ugly head ... given the level of arrogance already demonstrated by public officials.

The decree completely overturns the way of life there (a Catholic school masquerading as a public school), impacting even casual conversations between teachers and students.
Yup - a part of the way of life there being casual and knowing violation of the US Constitution on an almost daily basis apparently ...

It may take years before the mentality and daily routine is changed to satisfy the decree.
I suspect that's why the consent degree is for a 10 year period.

But I do agree on the mentality ...

I imagine that the routine will change right quick tho' ... particularly since the plaintiffs have the ability to report what they perceive to be violations under the agreement to the court ... and since violations potentially equal contempt of court.

Especially since the decree wasn't all that specific in the iconography that is pervasive in the building.
The iconography that was pervasive in the building ...

From what I've read most of it had already been dumped well before the final agreement and order ...

I love the KKK's comments from the article.
I didn't see any comments from the KKK - just some comments from folks wearing hoods that apparently resembled the KKK's ...

They represent The South so well.
No argument on that count.