Rocket Grill

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Thought I would give an update on our Rocket Grill we purchased at Christmas time. I have used it twice in the truck while going down the road so have only used the inverter and not the generator with it. I cooked two frozen boneless pork chops the first time in 15 minutes and the second time I used it I cooked two frozen 1/2" hamburger patties in 5 and 1/2 minutes. In both instances the parchment paper you grill your food in contained all the grease from the meat. Just lift out the parchment bag, take your food out and throw away the bag. You are now done with cleanup. One nice feature of the grill is that the outside stays cool to the touch so easy cleanup and then storage.

You can add spices to your meat before you put them in the parchment bags as the grill does lock once the time starts. So far Bob and I have been very happy with this grill and are just thrilled at the no mess.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Ok....for the not paying attention crowd, what is a Rocket grill?

Duh.....I seen it in your other post.:eek:

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person

arrbsthw

Expert Expediter
I went into Linens and Things this afternoon and they had the Rocket
for 79.99 and the bags were 18 for 9.99.

Reactions: 1 person

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
The Rocket Grills are cheaper at Wal-Mart. If you like Bagels I have heard they do very well in the Grill. I am going to try a grilled cheese and ham sandwich in them today and see how that turns out. I am still amazed at the ease of use and the cleanup. The bags are rather high but to not have a greasy mess when done cooking I will gladly pay it.