Risk Management

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I have been talking with people at FedEx to see if we could get the "down time" coverage from Protective increased. I don't want a re-run of last years mess with my personal hurricane disaster. Protective is not interested in making any options available.

That time of year will be upon us soon and I only see three good options:

1: self-insurance (remember it goes real fast when you are down)

2: Find outside insurance with better coverage (I am looking now)

3: Don't runs loads that require you to stay in areas that are likely to get hit by the storms. Get in and get out, or don't run hurricane loads.

The problem does not lie with FedEx, it is FEMA/CDC who want the trucks there and will not let you leave. We are looking into possible legal action on last years mess too.

Take time to review all your insurance coverages and risk management plans. Do NOT take anything for granted and ALWAYS assume the worst will happen and you will have to cover the loss.

FedEx was in our corner through this entire mess and I thank them for all they did. There is nothing more they could have done. Just keep all this in mind and make sure you know just how well you are or are not covered. Layoutshooter

GOT2GO

Seasoned Expediter
Better hope that Pat G was not the one in your corner. She’s no longer with the FED. I know another fleet owner that has a big claim a hazmat spill caused by the shipper and I will be interested to see how he makes out now that Pat is gone. Pat was the lead and now who knows. Claim around 50K one of the big cheep customers I got a buck that says contractor has to go to court. And the min he does that I bet he’s gone.

ihamner

Expert Expediter
We were not aware that Pat was gone either. Usually when someone in her position leaves, especially someone that everyone knows via orientation and someone who has been with the company for so long, that they could do a "farewell to Pat" sort of thing in the newsletter. Unless it was under bad circumstances. You are sure that's not just a rumor??????

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Globally FedEx corporate had a reduction in positions and each operating company was affected and several of these positions were at Custom Critical. One of the positions that was eliminated was the one that Pat G held.