RigMaster vs ProHeat?

FlameMerc

Expert Expediter
I'm looking at Generators for my T-300. Which one to go with is the Big question. Any Input would be Welcome. Thanks ...Butch :D :D :D

Glen Rice

Veteran Expediter
Everybody has a story about which to choose. I would look at your location and service opportunitys. Thes are not maintenance free devices like some want you to think. Do your research and make your decision based on who can and will keep you up and running. Good luck and tell us how it works out for you.

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
i have had 2 proheat's on 2 different truck's both were protype
as i have been a proheat field rep for over 7 year's and wouldn't have let them use my name in two ad's and call on customer if i didn't believe in it, as glen rice said you have to do your pms
and keep track of hours and use and they will be working hard to keep you warm and cool, myself loved proheat, one of best places to get one is bill moore at tsi in north jackson oh 800 388 3850
don't know how much they will cost but give bill a call and he would be glad to help you out

one thing what ever gen set you get it will save you money
in 1st one i saved 12,000 in fuel and 4,000 in maintance
for ever one hour of use will save one hour off the engine
in 1st 4 year's had idled the truck 227 hours out of 6,000 on engine
don't idle always use genset

and used them in 2 hurrcane's to power hood had 4 freezer's and 3 refer's running for 8 days 24/7 and only shut down to check oil and
due pre trip each day

nobody in hood lost anything out of there freeze or refer's

ATeam

Retired Expediter
>and used them {genset} in 2 hurrcane's to power hood had 4 freezer's
>and 3 refer's running for 8 days 24/7 and only shut down to
>check oil and
>due pre trip each day
>
>nobody in hood lost anything out of there freeze or refer's

Expediters make good neighbors when they are home!

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter
Less than 8K and more BTUs than you will ever need in your truck the sooner you buy one the quicker it returns $ in your pocket. Taking bets on the Lions in next years Super Bowl.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
If they get Matt Hasslebeck, I'll put my money on them ;)
That isn't gonna happen tho... so my faith (never money) goes with the luckless and fateless birds

btw... we're looking at rigmaster, but the financing ppl were jerks. My co-driver has immaculate credit, and they asked him 20 questions... then turned him down cause he never owned a truck. We still like their system cause Espar, who installs and services them, is about 5 miles from my house. We will consider something else if the financing ppl aren't so anal. :-(

mikecop

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I have had my Rigmaster for a couple of years. I selected Rigmaster rather than ProHeat because it is an independent system--my recollection regarding ProHeat was that their unit needed to tap into the truck heating and cooling system.

The Rigmaster unit does a good job of running the sleeper while you are not running the truck. I have had satisfaction for heat in winter and cooling in summer, as well as running microwave, TV, coffee maker, etc . It also has trickle charge for the batteries.

I get my service on the unit at Espar of Michigan; they added Rigmaster to their business about 1 1/2 years ago. Ray, the owner, and Matt, the technician, are good guys. Mike

FlameMerc

Expert Expediter
Thanks for the input. I think RigMaster is the way I will go. I like it being independant system. Also good is, I live in Michigan. Espar would be a good place to purchase/Service it. Thanks again. Drive Safely...Butch :D :D :D

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I've got the ProHeat Gen4 and really like it. When I run it in the cold it already has the water warmed in the radiator to about 120 so when I start the engine it's got warm water circulating. It has done an excellent job for me so far, albeit with only about 350 hours on it so far.

Leo
truck 767

Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

aardvarkman

Expert Expediter
just had pro heat gen4 installed @ alumibunk in woodhaven,mi. it took 3 visits to get it up and running properly, but once it was it was working great. so..........do your homework and pick out the installer carefully. ask questions of the people you see in truckstops and get the full poop. where you get it is probably the most important point to ponder. good luck.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
>I'm looking at Generators for my T-300. Which one to go with
>is the Big question. Any Input would be Welcome. Thanks
>...Butch :D :D :D

Did you end up going with the Rigmaster? If so, how do you like it so far and how has it done during the heat of summer?

Leo
truck 4958
73 KE5FJG

Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

FlameMerc

Expert Expediter
I haven't got it yet, but I'm going with the Rigmaster for sure. I like the auto start, that was mentioned in another post. I will be talking to them at Woodhaven Show. Butch..:D :D :D