Rex HAS GOT TO GO!!!

jbrbears

Seasoned Expediter
Yes, I know I've been scarce in the forum, but Sunday's game against the Cowboys made the light come on. Rex Grossman will never improve, and it's time to catapult his rear end out of Chicago. He is so predictable, it makes me sick. He makes bad decisions every other play, and He makes even mediocre defenses look good. Lovie is going to lose this team if He doesn't do something soon.

zanico

Expert Expediter
I'm afraid I have to agree. I've been a Bears fan my whole life, and Rex drives me crazy. I think he's had more than enough time and it's obvoius he can't get it done.

Jayman

Expert Expediter
You got your wish. They announced it about 3pm this afternoon. I saw it coming a few weeks ago. But, figured he would survive until mid October.

jbrbears

Seasoned Expediter
He had the nerve to be SURPRISED? the guy is quite clueless...I just hope Griese can at least make decisions under fire, even though it may be too late for the team. We are missing six starting defenders to injuries, and I just KNOW Urlacher is due for one sooner or later. Lovie's going to have to be a magician to get us to the playoffs this year, even in the weak NFC north.

Jayman

Expert Expediter
Its definately harder now, with all the injuries you all have. I know the feeling though. The Colts floated more injuries all season long than any other team in the league. There were times when we had 22 people listed. Sanders didnt play hardly at all until playoffs.

But...never say die! Griese isnt a long term answer, but he may be able to do good enough to make things happen this season. Morale usually jumps up after key personnel changes. Kind of like a whole new start.

Falligator

Expert Expediter
Griese can definitely help your offense compared to what rex did...then of course you need some receivers who can hold on to the ball a little better. Your offensive line is fine. No adjustments there just bad decisions by holding on to the ball to long.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Bears play the Lions this week, and Rex puts up big numbers against them. It's hard to tank someone who does good, so they needed Griese in now. Still hope the Lions kick their butts! Sorry, JR. :)

-True independence can only be gained if you're trully independant.

Jayman

Expert Expediter
This will be an interesting game. All I can say is Griese better do real good. Or, lots of people go from being unhappy to being even more unhappy.

jbrbears

Seasoned Expediter
I'm so not happy with this one. I think the problem may not just be Rex or Griese...Cedric Benson may not be all that He's cracked up to be...and I think a change of offensive coordinator may be needed. I have never liked this guy (turner) and I like Him even less now. It doesn't help that I've seen receivers drop easily catchable passes. it's gonna be a looonng season....

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
last night must have made you feel better.

lovie has said in his press conferences that the bears get off the plane/train/automobile/bus running. hard to tell that the last 4 weeks. the score called him out saying give the ball to cedric 30 times a game and tell him he is the man and the game revolves around him. earlier this year he would fumble and turner sat him down immediately. LET BENSON KNOW he has to hold the ball and put him back in the game!!

other problems are the o lince cannot pass block. benson cannot pass block. moose is not catching the ball, berrian is dropping the ball and neither guy makes efforts to adjust the route. the secondary is running out of players.

replacing rex only shows that he was not the only problem on the team.

here is another rant. when will the nfl realize like the nba did that rookie contracts for unproven talent are gonna kill each team? the nba has a 3 yr $750k max rookie contract. let the rooks prove they are worth 16 million dollars before getting it.

sayers and another all pro back were asked about bensons talent. they replied he is average. not greatness, not sweetness, just average for 16 mill._________________________________inser gut wrenching scream of anguish here

Jack Berry

jbrbears

Seasoned Expediter
The o-line needs to learn how to run block...they did decent against the above average pass rush of green bay, but Benson can't find any holes at all, because there aren't any. The chiefs are having the same problem, LJ will be lucky to end up with 800 yards this year. Griese showed a lot more poise than Rex ever would have, so I think once the receivers (not tight ends) start to hold on to the ball, it MAY open up the running game. time will tell....