Reviews of DKP Express

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Believe it or not , while in Eagle Pass ,Tx awhile back i had an Owner/Operator park next to me at Walmart while i was changing Oil . Yes he was driving one of these Cab Over / Promasters. We started looking over his Van. He stated he could Legally haul 4,000 lbs. with no problem. It was the 3500 series with GVW of 9350 lbs. I asked if he had every scaled it ..? He said NO because the tag in door frame said 5,200 lbs empty wt. I asked to see it and he showed it to me . The Tag was from manufactur plant showing the Cab & Chassis weight ...... BEFORE being upfitted with Curtain Box on back . I explained this to him and said he should weigh it empty now .
He made a couple phone calls and ofcourse I couldn't understand the language he was speaking . After his phone conversation he immediately left... So until Someone is willing to Show his empty Scale Ticket then is all hearsay ..

Yeah, that's not hard to believe. If anyone was to take a guess, how much do ya think the frame and tarpaulin weigh?

Also, if you look at the adds in the classified section you can see how a guy could be mislead.

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
DOT 2497384
I didn’t look up DKP, but looks like the man sees these viehichles ( that’s polish for vehicles) as cash cows.

Edit: looks like DKP does a good job.
Wingstar reads like a bad novel. Wonder if Andy was an Operations Manager there before he went out on his own ?

Last edited:

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
DOT 2497384
I didn’t look up DKP, but looks like the man sees these viehichles ( that’s polish for vehicles) as cash cows.

Edit: looks like DKP does a good job.
Wingstar reads like a bad novel. Wonder if Andy was an Operations Manager there before he went out on his own ?

Yeah the inspections that wingstar had are pretty funny, they had no clue when it came to the laws of trucking. I will have to look at dkp someday.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
One of the two had a driver written up for not speaking English and for not being able to understand signs written in English.

I quit running Canada after being in Quebec with a 53’ trailer and not being able to read the construction signs in French.

Jeffrey Stowe

Rookie Expediter
Driver
After years as a chemist for companies like Searle Pharmaceuticals and as a network technologist for AT&T I joined up with DKP three months ago for the challenge, to see the country, and excellent pay. I consider myself very fortunate contracting for this top notch growing small company in countless ways. If you want some truthful straight up discussion on this company please ask since I'm a true believer and not a compensated corporate pitch man. Peace!jeff and truck.jpg storage space.jpg jeff and truck.jpg

Attachments

• relaxing in sleeper.jpg
    relaxing in sleeper.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 54
  • sleeper2.jpg
    sleeper2.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 53

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
How soon will we see an ad for a $printer.....more room to fart in comfort.
Or.....
If your wife won’t leave the burrito bar, let us make your life more comfortable....

Igor Komisarchik

New Recruit
Carrier Management
Igor, if you don’t mind would you speak of the fuel mileage and weight of your unique vehicles?
And do the curtain sides open or are they cloth for economy and weight ?

If the mods don’t care I’d like you to give a recruiting pitch on why I should jump out my present van into yours.
Will I make more money ? Run more regular routes ?
Who pays fuel, tolls, etc.
Curious minds want to know.

It depends on the model, gross weight, winds, other road conditions and drivers style of driving including cruise speed and will vary from 10 to 14 mpg. The back sleepers have better MPG than rooftop models.

For any other questions about the terms of work you can contact our HR department by phone or email: [email protected] or 651-600-4810.

the main point why people jump into those trucks are the dims and empty weight of the trucks. those two things pay off the difference in MPG compared to regular vans

Reactions: Grizzly

Igor Komisarchik

New Recruit
Carrier Management
A couple of weeks ago I was waiting to load and I saw a similar sleeper on a transit cab/chassis. Don't know if it is the same company.

Notice 'GVR 10000' on the door. Lol.
that's not ours - thats was built by another company

Igor Komisarchik

New Recruit
Carrier Management

I’d prefer my steering wheel on the other side.
This is NOT a picture of 1 of Coffin sleeper type used by DKP and several others out here . I personally have stood on passenger's seat to gain access to View inside of a drivers coffin sleeper. It's Half the size shown in that picture , and sorry driver would not let me take Pictures . It was pretty messy in his sleeping area.

Since I am not a huge fan of forums and don't go here ofter, if anyone wants to see more pictures or know more about the models we build, feel free to visit our facebook page Synergy Upfit or contact us by email at [email protected]

Attachments

• 20180807_123217.jpg
    20180807_123217.jpg
    248.9 KB · Views: 50
  • 20180807_123023.jpg
    20180807_123023.jpg
    161.4 KB · Views: 45
  • 20180807_122915.jpg
    20180807_122915.jpg
    244.8 KB · Views: 51
  • P1177090.jpg
    P1177090.jpg
    872 KB · Views: 48
  • Top Sleeper Interior.jpg
    Top Sleeper Interior.jpg
    713.4 KB · Views: 49

Igor Komisarchik

New Recruit
Carrier Management
Believe it or not , while in Eagle Pass ,Tx awhile back i had an Owner/Operator park next to me at Walmart while i was changing Oil . Yes he was driving one of these Cab Over / Promasters. We started looking over his Van. He stated he could Legally haul 4,000 lbs. with no problem. It was the 3500 series with GVW of 9350 lbs. I asked if he had every scaled it ..? He said NO because the tag in door frame said 5,200 lbs empty wt. I asked to see it and he showed it to me . The Tag was from manufactur plant showing the Cab & Chassis weight ...... BEFORE being upfitted with Curtain Box on back . I explained this to him and said he should weigh it empty now .
He made a couple phone calls and ofcourse I couldn't understand the language he was speaking . After his phone conversation he immediately left... So until Someone is willing to Show his empty Scale Ticket then is all hearsay ..

i have posted 3 weight scale tickets for three different trucks with different set ups made by our drivers when trucks were fully equipped.
the problem is there are always some haters who has lack of information and start making assumptions and judge everything new and/or what they don't like.

Ntimevan, not sure who you were talking to, but I guess he left to pick up))
I remember you mentioned on facebook that you want to stop by and check it out, so please feel free. If we have any vans in stock, I will take a copy of your driver's license and will give you the truck so you can drive 30 miles to the closest truck stop, weigh the truck and post pictures of the scale receipt everywhere where you've left comments about us. Deal? contact me over facebook or by email at [email protected].
If anyone else wants to do the same things - let me know, but make sure you don't contact me here, because I don't come here often

Attachments

• Weight Scale Receipt #016.pdf
    510.2 KB · Views: 24
  • Weight Scale #020_Page_1.jpg
    Weight Scale #020_Page_1.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 28
  • Weight Scale #021.pdf
    114.7 KB · Views: 12

Igor Komisarchik

New Recruit
Carrier Management
Once again, if anyone who's commented here before or who's going to see that page:

if you are interested in driving for us, please feel free to contact our recruiting manager Inessa by email - [email protected] - or by phone 651-600-4810, but don't forget to leave a message if she doesn't answer. You can also fill out an application on our website at dkp-express.com. If anyone wants to hear what our drivers think about us, Inessa, per request, will provide contact info of many of our drivers.

if you are interested in buying trucks that our sister company Synergy Upfit build, please visit our Facebook page Synergy Upfit or email us at [email protected]

again, please don't try to contact me here, because I am a huge fan of forums and don't come here often.

Good luck to all of you guys!

Reactions: Jeffrey Stowe

TFTN-one3B

Not a Member
Owner/Operator
US Marines
I guess one thing I've never understood is how one would survive in the summer time in one of those roof sleepers. I know how hot it gets in my van with just a regular sleeper. I can only imagine how bad it is in those. Not like you would have any other options for AC than idling which kills the Promasters.

Reactions: guido4475

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
First off , Igor , i never said the Over the cab Promaster that i had seen in Eagle Pass was 1 of yours ... pretty sure it was assembled in Ohio ..

guido4475

Not a Member
So I'm looking at 3 units from Volens out in the parking lot right now ....
I hadn't noticed previously but they're air-ride equipped. Does that allow them to haul different types of freight?

They still have the factory leaf springs in the rear. They just added most likely an "Airlift 5000" aftermarket system. I put that on my 7.3 powered E350, and loved it.

guido4475

Not a Member

Exactly. So many are so clueless.

Like in Laredo, I had a guy standing outside my door, asking me for information about Load Ones lease program. I told them they dont do that. He kept telling me that they do, and that I was lying. I asked him where he is getting this information from. He says it says it right on my door.

I couldn't believe his stupidity. On my door, above Load One, in smaller font, it says "leased to"....

Unbelievable.

Reactions: Moot