Reviews of DKP Express

Acquisitions

Active Expediter
Recruiter
looks like you better have some good upper body strength to haul yourself up there and a rag to wipe the feet prints off the dash

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
DKP has an ad for drivers in the Classifieds.
Shows pic of drivers area with ladder to sleeping area.

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The answer is very simple: once i saw this topic here saying that there is not enough info about us and no one has ever talked to our drivers, I sent personal messages to a few of our former and current drivers to share their feedback about us with our potential driver who started this topic.

Tim is one of our former driver who we miss too much. I am also expecting at least couple more people who are active Internet users to join this thread and share their experience. So if you see someone who just registered and left a comment here, it means that they registered here only for sharing their feedbacks about us. I am very proud that we have former and current drivers who support our growth.

Btw, I was registered at EO since 2014 or 2015, but under our company name and created this new account because I wanted personally participate in this conversation... and I forgot the password for the original account since we have a recruiter and I did not use the account myself for a long time)))

Igor, if you don’t mind would you speak of the fuel mileage and weight of your unique vehicles?
And do the curtain sides open or are they cloth for economy and weight ?

If the mods don’t care I’d like you to give a recruiting pitch on why I should jump out my present van into yours.
Will I make more money ? Run more regular routes ?
Who pays fuel, tolls, etc.
Curious minds want to know.

Igor, the previous quote from BigStickJr has pertinent questions.
Curious minds do want to know ....

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I still believe this as a drive by post from OP. OP has only posted once and owner of said company came on answered a few questions and has not returned to answer other questions posted by others. JMHO.

Last edited:
Reactions: Grizzly

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
You may be right....

I don’t understand the motive.
If l orchestrated this to draw attention to my company why wouldn’t I continue to keep the interest going ?

I’d milk it for all it’s worth.

Last edited:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
It might be, but I can see things behind the scenes, including IP and MAC addresses and from where they were when they registered and posted, and everything checks out.

Reactions: ucfd608

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
So I'm looking at 3 units from Volens out in the parking lot right now ....
I hadn't noticed previously but they're air-ride equipped. Does that allow them to haul different types of freight?

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
They haul the same kind of freight.
They deliver a different type: undamaged freight.

In straights air ride is requested for more fragile freight. Electronics. Art work.

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I wonder if they haul some typical flatbed freight. Like racks of glass or granite.

Maybe they just like there drivers.

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
They haul the same kind of freight.
They deliver a different type: undamaged freight.

In straights air ride is requested for more fragile freight. Electronics. Art work.

Yeah, I knew that about straights & TT but does it create more opportunities for a vehicle this size?

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Your guess is as good as mine.
Time for some DKP drivers to help out or someone needs to track down a driver.
Tell them you’re writing an article and they can remain anonymous if needed.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Remember when you could charge extra for things like air ride? Now we just give it away.

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
In this segment, he may not have to give it away. And with the extra height, he may get straight truck rates.
At least sometimes.
Probably mostly direct customers.

Reactions: Turtle and Grizzly

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Not just "he" ....
Like I mentioned, yesterday I was looking at 3 of these .... all unmarked.

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Maybe we are looking at a better mousetrap.
That’s why the secretcy
Let’s leave them alone to enjoy their little niche.
Unmarked could have been a private carrier. Someone delivering their own products.

Last edited:

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Believe it or not , while in Eagle Pass ,Tx awhile back i had an Owner/Operator park next to me at Walmart while i was changing Oil . Yes he was driving one of these Cab Over / Promasters. We started looking over his Van. He stated he could Legally haul 4,000 lbs. with no problem. It was the 3500 series with GVW of 9350 lbs. I asked if he had every scaled it ..? He said NO because the tag in door frame said 5,200 lbs empty wt. I asked to see it and he showed it to me . The Tag was from manufactur plant showing the Cab & Chassis weight ...... BEFORE being upfitted with Curtain Box on back . I explained this to him and said he should weigh it empty now .
He made a couple phone calls and ofcourse I couldn't understand the language he was speaking . After his phone conversation he immediately left... So until Someone is willing to Show his empty Scale Ticket then is all hearsay ..

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Believe it or not , while in Eagle Pass ,Tx awhile back i had an Owner/Operator park next to me at Walmart while i was changing Oil . Yes he was driving one of these Cab Over / Promasters. We started looking over his Van. He stated he could Legally haul 4,000 lbs. with no problem. It was the 3500 series with GVW of 9350 lbs. I asked if he had every scaled it ..? He said NO because the tag in door frame said 5,200 lbs empty wt. I asked to see it and he showed it to me . The Tag was from manufactur plant showing the Cab & Chassis weight ...... BEFORE being upfitted with Curtain Box on back . I explained this to him and said he should weigh it empty now .
He made a couple phone calls and ofcourse I couldn't understand the language he was speaking . After his phone conversation he immediately left... So until Someone is willing to Show his empty Scale Ticket then is all hearsay ..

Yeah, that's not hard to believe. If anyone was to take a guess, how much do ya think the frame and tarpaulin weigh?

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Unfortunately, Expediting thrives on the uneducated and under educated.
Owners love them.
At least some owners.....