Reviews of DKP Express

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I drove for DKP and loved every minute on the road! What Igor said is extremely accurate. They are concerned about driver comfort and moral while on the road. Finance would post my pay to my account within hours of email or fax of my BIL and receipt of load from receiver. I will share another story to really agrivate threadmill and his perpetual negativity.. I was starting out driving and wanted to stay out and get some miles, hauling Christmas leadup loads. Money and miles were stacking up, but Christmas Eve load was delivered and the expediter loads dried up, as they do on major holidays as retail and manufacturing close shop.. I sat for Christmas Eve, and was moving loads again Christmas evening!! My dispatcher contacted me and asked If I wanted him to get me home for New Years. I said no, try to find me loads. New Years Eve came around, I was delivering in South bend Ind. Dispatch said no loads for New Years, to use Company Charge card and get a room as I was out Christmas And New Years! How many expediter companies do this for drivers!??
I dont know where you get negativity from, i just said everything looked to me as very coincidental. Then Igor came on and defended his company and then i gave commendation and wished him well.
Your experience about staying out over Christmas doesn’t bother me in the least. To each his own as they say. I only worry about number 1 and taking care of my family. As far as for DKP there model doesn’t work for me. I am comfortable where i am at.

Reactions: ntimevan

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Saying any company driver is just a steering wheel holder is a bit harsh IMHO. Some are, some aren’t.

Telling a company driver he has a business is bs in my book. Just a scam to call them an independent contractor, usually with giving them little independence.

You don’t have a business until you’ve invested in a vehicle and assume more risk and accept more liability.
If you noticed i said i was once a company driver. Don’t have anything against them. I was once a fleet owner. Had 4 straight and 1 cargo van. Also have owned a couple of TT leased on with Landstar so i know what its like to run with the big boys.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I've heard company drivers generally referred to as steering wheel holders going back to when I was in high school. I lived across the street from a steering wheel holder who referred to himself as a steering wheel holder. I never thought of it as a pejorative.

Reactions: Treadmill

Igor Komisarchik

New Recruit
Carrier Management
The answer is very simple: once i saw this topic here saying that there is not enough info about us and no one has ever talked to our drivers, I sent personal messages to a few of our former and current drivers to share their feedback about us with our potential driver who started this topic.

Tim is one of our former driver who we miss too much. I am also expecting at least couple more people who are active Internet users to join this thread and share their experience. So if you see someone who just registered and left a comment here, it means that they registered here only for sharing their feedbacks about us. I am very proud that we have former and current drivers who support our growth.

Btw, I was registered at EO since 2014 or 2015, but under our company name and created this new account because I wanted personally participate in this conversation... and I forgot the password for the original account since we have a recruiter and I did not use the account myself for a long time)))

Oh boy .... allow me to interject ....

Igor,
Thanks for providing information concerning DKP. I do have two little questions to ask ...
How is it that both you and Tim both joined EO today? Should we expect any other owner/ops from DKP to make their presence felt shortly?

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I’ve always taken steering wheel holder as a negative.
Like a trained monkey. A driver that probably lacks skills, one that doesn’t think things through. All he’s capable of is holding the wheel, not much else.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I’ve always taken steering wheel holder as a negative.
Like a trained monkey. A driver that probably lacks skills, one that doesn’t think things through. All he’s capable of is holding the wheel, not much else.
What do I know? I'm just a moron van driver. :D

Reactions: RoadTime

Vanessa

New Recruit
Driver
I have been working for DKP Express for 14 months now. Prior to coming to the company, I had worked at a restaurant as a second~in~charge for 20 years. I am pleased my friend convinced me to join DKP. I am accountable to myself now, I don’t have to listen to whinny employees or customers complain, and also my feet don’t hurt anymore.

This job has also opened my eyes to the beauty of the USA. As a photographer too, when going to and dropping off loads, I am just amazed of what I see out there. It’s like being retired, but getting paid for it. Now I don’t know what to do when I do retire.

DKP has been good to me. They try to get me home after about 23 days on the road. (Have to relieve my cat sitter) My salary has increased by $250+ a week, if I get 3 loads a week I am happy. Plus they do maintenance on my truck before it breaks down. It’s a great company to be with.

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Can someone post a photo of that overhead sleeper?
I think it would suit me just fine.
Volens out of Lakewood, OH, correct?

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I think it would suit me just fine.
Volens out of Lakewood, OH, correct?

Was parked by one this morning. Didn't take a picture

I have seen a few picks on the net. I'm sure one will pop up here soon. Interesting concept, just way too small for me.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

I'm sure one will pop up here soon.
Geezz, do i have to do everything around here?

6978574.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: ntimevan and Turtle

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
If there’s a picture involved, we all know Rags is the go to guy.

I’m just as intrigued by the curtain side box as I am about the sleeper.

Reactions: Ragman

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Igor, if you don’t mind would you speak of the fuel mileage and weight of your unique vehicles?
And do the curtain sides open or are they cloth for economy and weight ?

If the mods don’t care I’d like you to give a recruiting pitch on why I should jump out my present van into yours.
Will I make more money ? Run more regular routes ?
Who pays fuel, tolls, etc.
Curious minds want to know.

Reactions: Grizzly

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums[/QUOTE]
And BAD on Gas Mileage..

[/QUOTE]

Fact or guess ?
Of course we wouldn’t expect the same as a low roof.....
Looks like they’d handle pretty tall freight.

Reactions: Grizzly

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
A couple of weeks ago I was waiting to load and I saw a similar sleeper on a transit cab/chassis. Don't know if it is the same company.

Notice 'GVR 10000' on the door. Lol.
tmp-cam-1864192269.jpg

Reactions: RedBird and hdxpedx

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Perhaps I should have been more specific. I've seen plenty of these from the outside.

Can someone post a picture of the INSIDE of that sleeper? Thanks in advance ...!!

Rags, if you got one of those I'll be impressed ... and a bit curious ..

Last edited: