Remembering Jack Berry

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
We recently lost Jack to ALS as everyone knows. I just heard about this and will be looking into it more later when I can be online again. I thought others might want to check it out also.

Walk to Defeat ALS®:

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I did some looking and there are many walks coming up and they seem to be in the Sept/Oct timeframe so the weather should be somewhat tolerable. The walks seem to be mostly 2 or 3 miles. They are in many of the cities where we often layover. Unfortunately they don't have an option to show them by date. I am going to try to contact them and ask if that's possible. I'm sure there are times we'd be near a walk and on a layover if we only knew about it. Here's the main page. There are ways to help besides the walks.

Help Fight ALS - The ALS Association

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I never got to meet Jack and Gracie but traded some private messages on E.O. and we shared a few interests outside of expediting. While many of us were saddened by Jack's passing, some have benefited. Wolvurine was able to capitalize on Jack's death by getting a few extra loads to keep his business afloat. Maybe he can afford a donation to the ALS Association.

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I can only imagine what jack had to go through losing all of his functions and he never complained about it. Jack was a stand up guy. I'll be sending in a donation.