Relationships

charlee

Seasoned Expediter
child abuse statistics by perpetrator are found here:

Child Maltreatment 2007: Figure 3-6 Victims by Perpetrator Relationship, 2007

Anotehr disturbing graph

Child Maltreatment 2007 : Perpetrator Relationships to Child Fatalities, 2007

Shows more mothers responsible for fatalities related to abuse etc......

Now if we take Turtle's argument for child suport and apply it to this it would seem the numbers are skewed because more mothers have custodial care of their children.

This report is published annually, and if you ever wonder who to give back to...make it a child. It does not matter who does what proportionatley more than whom, what matters is the children living below poverty level because either parent does not take care of their responsibility, or a child being abused because just because someone can.

As to men vs women jokes, it has always been socially and politically acceptable to make jokes about people that had nothing to "worry" about. For many centuries white men have been the ruling class of this country and in power so to speak. Making a joke at the expense of the powerful is nothing new. White Male Backlash however is a relatively new phenom, so who knows what that will change.

-charlee

bryan

Veteran Expediter
Hi

A little food for thought, isn't this just a discussion of being politically correct and jugding others.Isn't that an oxymoron.
Personally if I find a joke to be funny I laugh and then pass it on, if I find it offensive I forget it.
No one joke is funny to everyone.Just ask a stand up comedian.
As for there effect on children I find most kids are smarter than that and really don't pay to much attention to what adults say anyway.Sure a kids going to end up mentally deranged if they spend more time with adults than they do other kids, but thats just because they are born with all the intelligence they'll ever need and then you lose it as you age.Its called Alhiemers or old timers disease.

What wrecked society was the Judical System Infomercials."Do you know where you kids are."or "Talk to your child." Yeah Well No I didn't know where my kids were most of the time because they were outside with their friends.As for talking to them it was usually "Why are you in the house? Didn't I tell you to stay outside?" "Since your here how about doing dishes." None of them have become rapest, murderers or bank managers yet. Knock on wood.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Hi
No one joke is funny to everyone.Just ask a stand up comedian.
Exactly! 100 Mootpoints to Bryan. Welcome back once again. Hope things are going well with you and that you are surviving without being in motion.

Moot points can only be redeemed at an authorized participating Mootpoint redemption center. Check local listings for Mootpoint redemption centers near you. Facsimiles, copies or reprints of Mootpoints are prohibitied by law. Dissemination, insemanition or unauthorized use of Mootpoints is strictly prohibited. Mootpoints are a registered trademark of Moot Inc.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I've met Bryan's kids, and can attest to their having their heads on straight. Even the one who said I sound like a Munchkin on the phone - bonus points for honesty and originality, IMO.
Hey Moot: are those Mootpoint redemption places 24 hrs, like the ATMs that Flying Hook advertises? (I don't know why I find the advertising funny, but I do - like no one else's ATM is 24 hrs, they go home every night, maybe?) Just another example of how 'humor' is in the mind of the beholder :D
Bryan, you've been gone too long!

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
It is good to have you around, Bryan. We can always use some "almost in West Virginia" wisdom.

Thanks Cheri. Now I have "Follow the Yellow Brick Road" playing in my head.

bryan

Veteran Expediter
HI

Moot can I use those at Marathon gas stations.The next station is 30 miles away.
Thanks guys.I miss all of you.I especially miss the in motion part.This standing in one spot 12 hours a day 6 days a week is getting old.Take it from me live sucks without your truck.

May ya'll land sunny side up and between the lines.

DougTravels

Not a Member
Hoping to win some Moot points with a joke:

Hillary Clinton gets a phone call: Hey mom it's me Chelsea and I think that I've fallen in Love!

Hillary: You Didn't have sex with that boy did you?

Chelsea stammers a second and says: Well ahh Not according to Dad!

btw, I was a Clinton supporter, but love a good joke.